Happy Father's Day/Juneteenth/Pride Day

Which does not change that we have a large Juneteenth celebration in Denver each year and have for most of my life. (Actually all of it, celebrations started in Colorado in the 1950s...)

According to the Denver Public Library, Denver’s Juneteenth celebration began in the early 1950s “and eventually grew to be one of the nation’s largest celebrations of its kind.” It was in the 1980s that the celebration moved to Five Points. The Juneteenth Music Festival as we know it today started in 2012. Rocky Mountain PBS is one of the sponsors of this year's celebration.

more at link...

https://www.rmpbs.org/blogs/rocky-mountain-pbs/denver-juneteenth-music-festival-2022/

Oddly, I wouldn't have to "prove" things like that and make you look like an idiot if folks used "the googles" all by themselves like big boys.

From your linked article:

According to the Denver Public Library, Denver’s Juneteenth celebration began in the early 1950s “and eventually grew to be one of the nation’s largest celebrations of its kind.”

This does not say that everyone in Colorado knew about it. I know people from Colorado, none of them agree with you and yeah, I asked them about this. You mentioned juneteenth one time in here, I did the search, guess how many times you mentioned Festivus FFS. Or Cinco de Mayo.

You're thinking I'm nit-picking right now, and you're right. I am. You of all people should know better than to engage in what you're engaging in right now.

From your linked article:

This does not say that everyone in Colorado knew about it. I know people from Colorado, none of them agree with you and yeah, I asked them about this. You mentioned juneteenth one time in here, I did the search, guess how many times you mentioned Festivus FFS. Or Cinco de Mayo.

You're thinking I'm nit-picking right now, and you're right. I am. You of all people should know better than to engage in what you're engaging in right now.

Right, how old do you think I am? Eventually would be about the time I grew up, most of my life we have had celebrations of Juneteenth in Denver. This idea that I am somehow lying to you about this is absurd.

Your pedantic effort to "catch" me at something has failed. Once you find yourself in a hole you are digging you should put down the shovel rather than try to dig faster...

Right, how old do you think I am? Eventually would be about the time I grew up, most of my life we have had celebrations of Juneteenth in Denver. This idea that I am somehow lying to you about this is absurd.

Your pedantic effort to "catch" me at something has failed. Once you find yourself in a hole you are digging you should put down the shovel rather than try to dig faster...

“According to the Denver Public Library, Denver's Juneteenth celebration began in the early 1950s “and eventually grew to be one of the nation's largest celebrations of its kind.” It was in the 1980s that the celebration moved to Five Points. The Juneteenth Music Festival as we know it today started in 2012.6 days ago

26TPlwYWijAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
https://www.rmpbs.org › blogs › de...

[h=3]Denver's annual Juneteenth celebration returns with added significance - Rocky Mountain PBS[/h]
1950! I’m impressed.

“According to the Denver Public Library, Denver's Juneteenth celebration began in the early 1950s “and eventually grew to be one of the nation's largest celebrations of its kind.” It was in the 1980s that the celebration moved to Five Points. The Juneteenth Music Festival as we know it today started in 2012.6 days ago

26TPlwYWijAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC
https://www.rmpbs.org › blogs › de...

[h=3]Denver's annual Juneteenth celebration returns with added significance - Rocky Mountain PBS[/h]
1950! I’m impressed.

Yeah, the music festival "returns" because it wasn't held due to Covid. However, Juneteenth (even before the music festival began in 2012 or so) has been celebrated in Denver since the 80s at least. I used to go with my friends, then I took my kids. You know been going there "most of my life" as I accurately described...

Yeah, 1950s. So, it's been around longer than me, but not always in Five Points in Denver.

Back