Happy Thanksgiving

I was going to sit this one out, but a bunch of people showed up with food and companionshp and we wound up bloated and playing guitars and such...
Danged bible thumpers, you just can't trust em ;)

Belated happy to you all, too. What did you cook this year?

I deep fried lobster tail, took the rest of the meat and made Alfredo with broccoli. I then served the tail on a bed of rice with holandaise. I served the Alfredo as "pizza" base on fococcia bread with a bit of spinach and mushrooms. I stuffed crab with ham slivers and served it cracked with butter... alongside a NY strip.

What did you have?

Went to my older son and his fiance. Younger son and his fiance also came for dinner. I must say, there's something nice about not being the one to have to clean, cook, and buy. ;) The older one left today for NJ, to do Thanksgiving with fiance's family. Because of the travel, they didn't want a ton of left-overs, made boneless turkey breast, green bean casserole, dressing, au gratin potatoes, salad. Pumpkin cheesecake for dessert.

Everything was tasty, though simple from the tradition we're used to. However, we were together, the daughter and husband met up for dessert. Lots of wine, beer, champagne for all. Good times!

I expect that it will become more formal again, when the wee ones make an appearance. ;)

Big time traditional here. Roast turkey, candied yams, butternut squash, oyster stuffing, mashed potatoes, green beans, boiled turnip, cranberry sauce and apple pies.

I deep fried lobster tail, took the rest of the meat and made Alfredo with broccoli. I then served the tail on a bed of rice with holandaise. I served the Alfredo as "pizza" base on fococcia bread with a bit of spinach and mushrooms. I stuffed crab with ham slivers and served it cracked with butter... alongside a NY strip.

What did you have?

It sounds wonderful, like a five-star restaurant meal. Your family must be happy campers when you cook.

We had the traditional meal: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, salad, corn, rolls & butter and pumpkin pie. And champagne, my fave!

It sounds wonderful, like a five-star restaurant meal. Your family must be happy campers when you cook.

We had the traditional meal: turkey, stuffing, cranberries, mashed potatoes, glazed sweet potatoes, salad, corn, rolls & butter and pumpkin pie. And champagne, my fave!

I'm thinking of going traditional for Christmas, but I'll Cajun flavor it up. Turducken, Andouille stuffing, Shrimp Etoufee, fried sweet potatoes balls, maybe caulimash and regular mashed potatoes (I'm allergic to potatoes, not sweet potatoes, just potatoes).

I"m also messing around with the idea of a bacon wrapped turkey.

We had jb's brother, his wife and almost three year old. They just moved back to the States from Spain. It was the first Thanksgiving for the wife and kid, so I went all traditional.

Later on I sent jb and his bro to "Occupy Wall Mart" to fight the crowds to get me an IPad. Like the princess I am I stayed home guzzling wine. :)

We had jb's brother, his wife and almost three year old. They just moved back to the States from Spain. It was the first Thanksgiving for the wife and kid, so I went all traditional.

Later on I sent jb and his bro to "Occupy Wall Mart" to fight the crowds to get me an IPad. Like the princess I am I stayed home guzzling wine. :)

Awwww look who's back

:rofl2:

Shouldn't drink with your meds princess

What did you have?

Yummy! We had Beef Wellington, turkey, drunken sweet potatoes, and the other usual side dishes!

I'm thinking of going traditional for Christmas, but I'll Cajun flavor it up. Turducken, Andouille stuffing, Shrimp Etoufee, fried sweet potatoes balls, maybe caulimash and regular mashed potatoes (I'm allergic to potatoes, not sweet potatoes, just potatoes).

I"m also messing around with the idea of a bacon wrapped turkey.

Andouille, etoufee, yikes. I don't even know what this means. But I'm sure it tastes wonderful!

Yummy! We had Beef Wellington, turkey, drunken sweet potatoes, and the other usual side dishes!

MMmm... I love Beef Wellington (wish I still ate meat so I could savor some of my own creations)... I haven't made that since my brother's wedding... Maybe I'll have to make some for my ma's birthday.

Back