Have the Parties Learned Anything?

Timshel

Hopefully, the Rs will learn they need to return to limited government ideas. At the very least with lip service.

Hopefully, the Ds learned something from the R implosion and won't go power mad and overestimate their "mandate."

Hopefully, the Rs will learn they need to return to limited government ideas. At the very least with lip service.

Hopefully, the Ds learned something from the R implosion and won't go power mad and overestimate their "mandate."

I'm hoping, not knowing. The D's have learned nothing, nor have the R's. The conservative voters have, look for a 3rd party making the R's obsolete next go round.

I think Obama will provide a check on the Dems going overboard.

The Repubs I don't know if they will they find their way back.

The thing that killed the Democrats in the past was taking half measures that didn't actually solve anything. They should go the full way and do all America can - universal health and child care, abolish poverty, end wars, legalize Marijuana, abolish the death penalty, and mandate that states adopt gay marriage. I doubt they have enough guts to do what's right, though, and they will take more half measures, which will allow the republicans to come back.

Last edited:
The thing that killed the Democrats in the past was taking half measures that didn't actually solve anything. They should go the full way and do all American can - universal health and child care, abolish poverty, end wars, legalize Mancunian, abolish the death penalty, and mandate that states adopt gay marriage. I doubt they have enough guts to do what's right, though, and they will take more half measures, which will allow the republicans to come back.

Good idea, then the Repubs can retake congress.

Good idea, then the Repubs can retake congress.

You are scared of nothing more than the fact that it will work, and America will finally return to being a decent place to live in. I hope that no longer we are going to be the most fear-based society on the face of the Earth, but we'll look with hope and caring towards the future, and spit on ignorance, and the lies that Republicans use to win.

Now that we have most fiscal policies on the right track, all we need to work on are the moral ones. That's a tall order, but hopefully we will become a faithful and fearless GOD loving nation once again. Thank you GOD and thanks to all my Christian brothers and sisters for voting for the most righteous candidate of the 2. I will now pray for the return of our much need Christian heritage that this nation was founded on. Good night and GOD bless all! :)

Now that we have most fiscal policies on the right track, all we need to work on are the moral ones. That's a tall order, but hopefully we will become a faithful and fearless GOD loving nation once again. Thank you GOD and thanks to all my Christian brothers and sisters for voting for the most righteous candidate of the 2. I will now pray for the return of our much need Christian heritage that this nation was founded on. Good night and GOD bless all! :)

Yes hopefully we can work on our moral issues. We should abolish the inexcusable and abominable stain on our national character that is the death penalty, and we should stop being cruel to people who want nothing more than to marry the one they love. We should realize how truly immoral it is for 1 out of every 200 people in America, disproportionately black, to be in prison for non-violent crimes. It is ignorance, and it is immoral, so that is what we should focus on.

The thing that killed the Democrats in the past was taking half measures that didn't actually solve anything. They should go the full way and do all America can - universal health and child care, abolish poverty, end wars, legalize Mancunian, abolish the death penalty, and mandate that states adopt gay marriage. I doubt they have enough guts to do what's right, though, and they will take more half measures, which will allow the republicans to come back.

They tried to go full way for universal healthcare in '94, that was why the Repubs got in, you don't remember as you are too young.

You are scared of nothing more than the fact that it will work, and America will finally return to being a decent place to live in. I hope that no longer we are going to be the most fear-based society on the face of the Earth, but we'll look with hope and caring towards the future, and spit on ignorance, and the lies that Republicans use to win.

It won't work. It will piss the people off and the Dems will be out on their ear in a hurry. Much of it would be thrown out by the Supremes if it did somehow pass.

I think Obama will provide a check on the Dems going overboard.

It's too bad you have never bothered to observe his voting record because he has virtually NO RECORD of going against his own party.

He voted with his party 96.5% of the time putting him in the top 10 most partisan senators
2297956829_e6cfa3e5a5_o.jpg

http://sweetness-light.com/archive/president-obama-will-be-a-uniter-pt-1

Look, he is a great speaker, fantastic natural even, but that is as superficial as his age or race or how presidential he sounds or other shit that captivates people for no logical reason. Obama is just a regular partisan Liberal Democrat when he was in the senate, that is what his actions provably show.

It is absolute and total LUNACY to believe he will be better at controlling the Dem majority house and senate's spending than even any generic Republican, let alone one like McCain who at least in some areas has been vigilant about stopping government growth (ie: pork and healthcare).

I think their is a chance for them on health care and child care. They aren't going to end the wars. I hope they will at least let the states determine their drug laws.

But they DID NOT. Another failed half-measure.

God you are dense, they didn't because the Repubs got in power in congress. That's the whole point.

Universal healthcare will cost at a minimum $1.2 trillion per year (based on what it costs government for very shitty healthcare of Medicare/Medicaid for 100 million people).

"It is absolute and total LUNACY to believe he will be better at controlling the Dem majority house and senate's spending than even any generic Republican, let alone one like McCain who at least in some areas has been vigilant about stopping government growth (ie: pork and healthcare). "

I disagree wholeheartedly. He just won a BIG victory, and if he gets NC & Indiana, it's fairly overwhelming. This gives him much more power over Congress, and he is - if you haven't noticed - a very pragmatic, forward-looking guy. He's thinking 8 years, and he understands the mistakes of the past.

Look for him to take Congress much more toward the middle than anyone on the right expects.

I think their is a chance for them on health care and child care. They aren't going to end the wars. I hope they will at least let the states determine their drug laws.

LOL.

It would be awesome if they would end our warmongering (more appropriate terminology :) ). I don't have much hope though.

The Democrats probably aren't going to change much when it comes to our drug laws, but I at least know Obama isn't going to make it worse. I don't think national child care is even on the table.

I drunk a lot of coffee before I wrote most of the wildly optimistic things on this thread.

Last edited:
God you are dense, they didn't because the Repubs got in power in congress. That's the whole point.

Universal healthcare will cost at a minimum $1.2 trillion per year (based on what it costs government for very shitty healthcare of Medicare/Medicaid for 100 million people).

Obama's healthcare plan isn't going to cost anything more than 100 billion more than the current medicare and medicaid. If anything, his market based healthcare plan is going to lower costs enough to make up for it by a mile. His plan is NOT based on the shitty medicare/medicaid programs.

Back