Heaven & Hell (Open to Everyone)

Well, fer fuck's sake, GO WAKE HIM UP! This is important!

He's not going to travel to gfm7175's State just to satisfy you. It's rather a long distance for him.
It's an even longer distance for me. You're just going to have to kill you oscillation until gfm7175 decides to answer.

However, I am also a Christian. In the meantime, perhaps I could be the authoritative reference for you.

I never claimed that writing didn't exist in antiquity. I claimed that most people in antiquity were illiterate.

You claimed writing was 'rare'. It wasn't.
You claimed most people were illiterate. They weren't.
You claim all of this in 'antiquity', a buzzword.

Just because YOU can't read their writing means YOU are illiterate. You are illiterate in English as well, constantly trying to redefine words, and even claiming that words did not exist before dictionaries! :laugh:

I believe "Son of Man" is generally an indicator of "humanity" (as opposed to being God himself)
"The Son of Man" is a title that Jesus commonly used to refer to himself (at least with regard to what was recorded in the Gospels). Why that title? It was not "[in opposition] to being God himself". Rather, it was to highlight the "human part" of his nature (the title [Son of God] highlights his divine nature and the title [Son of Man] highlights his human nature). This title also highlights his purpose for coming to Earth in human flesh (to save mankind from sin/death), and to highlight that he is the fulfillment of Daniel's prophesy in Daniel 7:13-14.

Jesus is The Son of Man, the one sinless human being through which all other human beings are saved from "eternal death" (eternal separation from God).

while "Immanuel" means God with us, correct?
Yes.

I can conceive that the appelation "son of man" would apply to everyone while "Immanuel" would ONLY apply to Jesus (whether he explicitly proclaimed that or not)
There are differing uses for the term 'son of man' throughout The Bible, so (as anyone who has previously read a number of my comments re: The Bible will be familiar with, because I say this over and over and over again) context matters, and not only within a particular verse or set of verses, but also within The Bible as a whole).

So, while there are differing uses for the term 'son of man' throughout The Bible, what you will notice is that only Jesus holds the title The Son of Man (as he calls himself in the Gospels) because he is the one and only 'perfect human'. He is the epitome of humanity as God created it to be. The title 'Immanuel' likewise only refers to Jesus.

Last edited:
Mormons believe a lot of silly things, at least by Christian standards, which they claim to be. Husbands have to call their wives from the grave by a super secret name. Heaven is made of three levels, depending on how good of a mormon you are. Mormon men are told that they can be god of of their own planet, if they're Mormony enough.

Back