Heller Struck Down

Annie

Not So Junior Member
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080626...s&printer=1;_ylt=An7M0s.DSjot2lxYNnZqUo5Aw_IE
Court rules in favor of Second Amendment gun right

By MARK SHERMAN, Associated Press Writer 2 minutes ago

The Supreme Court ruled Thursday that Americans have a right to own guns for self-defense and hunting, the justices' first major pronouncement on gun rights in U.S. history.

The court's 5-4 ruling struck down the District of Columbia's 32-year-old ban on handguns as incompatible with gun rights under the Second Amendment. The decision went further than even the Bush administration wanted, but probably leaves most firearms laws intact...

Btw Heller was the the the plaintiff who argued against the DC ban.

To be technical, they struck down the DC Handgun Ban, not Heller.

They got two right in a row, first the death penalty thing, now this....

They got a streak going!

Considering how pervasive national stpuidity is on the gun control issue, I'm not surprised.

I'm just glad it's settled now as a matter of precedent.
This effects many places. Denver was trying to go there too...

I'm wondering when people will challenge the law that allows them to impound your car for driving with a handgun in your car...

Im so excited I may go buy a new gun. hmm what should i get. I need a new .22 riffle for the freaken varmints in my yard. But i have been dying to get a new revolver as well.

Im so excited I may go buy a new gun. hmm what should i get. I need a new .22 riffle for the freaken varmints in my yard. But i have been dying to get a new revolver as well.
I'd go for the handgun. You can kill varmints with it.

Considering how pervasive national stpuidity is on the gun control issue, I'm not surprised.

I'm just glad it's settled now as a matter of precedent.

How pervasive is the national stupidity on the gun control issue? As far as I can tell, every state (with the exception of D.C.) has laws on the books in line with the court's holding in this case.

Back