Hello Y'all!

Oh Gawd not another 'libertairan!' I find that most libertarians I meet are Republicons who are ashamed of what their party has become and what it has done to our country. I'll admit that libertarians are able to see thru 'some' of the radical propaganda from the fringe right but still vote for their fascist masters.

Libertarian, LOL!

Welcome and defend yourself at all times.

Show me somebody who will post that stupid video as an example of Libertarianism, and I'll show you somebody too stupid to know the difference between Libertarians and Anarchists. That video best displays the fallout of anarchy, which is a leftist thang...

Thats one for the books.....Try to keep an open mind ?....Indeed....

Obviously pRune doesn't believe you're a 'Classic Liberal'.......

A liberal with an open mind is as rare as tits on a bull on this site....

In any case....good to have you, WELCOME, Join the fun

I’m a real liberal in the traditional classical “Bill Of Rights” sense, I’m the furthermost thing from a “leftist” or even a “rightist” for that matter. I’m a “real” limited government maximum individual liberty freak of the political world.

Oh Gawd not another 'libertairan!' I find that most libertarians I meet are Republicons who are ashamed of what their party has become and what it has done to our country. I'll admit that libertarians are able to see thru 'some' of the radical propaganda from the fringe right but still vote for their fascist masters.

Libertarian, LOL!

Welcome and defend yourself at all times.

The only Republican I ever voted for was Barry Goldwater and I was never stupid enough to vote for a Democrat.

I’m a real liberal in the traditional classical “Bill Of Rights” sense, I’m the furthermost thing from a “leftist” or even a “rightist” for that matter. I’m a “real” limited government maximum individual liberty freak of the political world.

It's actually quite popular here.

Howdy!!!

Hello folks! I’m a “small l” libertarian and constitutionalist believer in small limited government and maximum individual liberty within the confines of our Constitution. I enjoy arguments with both the right and left, hoping this is an interesting place to make some friendly enemies and fun conversations and who knows, maybe even a political ally or two. Whatdayathink?

Hey, can anybody tell me how I can create a signature for my post? I can't find the "edit signature" place here.

Hello folks! I’m a “small l” libertarian and constitutionalist believer in small limited government and maximum individual liberty within the confines of our Constitution. I enjoy arguments with both the right and left, hoping this is an interesting place to make some friendly enemies and fun conversations and who knows, maybe even a political ally or two. Whatdayathink?

Welcome! I am a Kennedy liberal. I come across a lot of so called 'classical liberals' who are really right wing conservatives in disguise. Time will tell...

Classical liberals assume a natural equality of humans; conservatives assume a natural hierarchy.
James M. Buchanan

Welcome! I am a Kennedy liberal. I come across a lot of so called 'classical liberals' who are really right wing conservatives in disguise. Time will tell...

Classical liberals assume a natural equality of humans; conservatives assume a natural hierarchy.
James M. Buchanan

Yeah! I get that all the time from the left and the righties call me a flaming lefty.

I’m a “small” government libertarian. I promote the idea that the federal government should exist only within the confines of the Constitution especially amendment 10 and not by the whims and stupidity of the “general welfare clause” which actually ONLY gives the feds the power to “tax” and nothing more.

Socially I promote ending the idiot Drug War, free right of contract, including marriages no matter the gender, property rights, open door immigration policy, prohibition of government in bedrooms, I’m opposed to the Nanny Welfare State, the Food Police, the Tobacco Cops and busybody politicians that mind everybody’s business but their own.

Yeah! I get that all the time from the left and the righties call me a flaming lefty.

I’m a “small” government libertarian. I promote the idea that the federal government should exist only within the confines of the Constitution especially amendment 10 and not by the whims and stupidity of the “general welfare clause” which actually ONLY gives the feds the power to “tax” and nothing more.

Socially I promote ending the idiot Drug War, free right of contract, including marriages no matter the gender, property rights, open door immigration policy, prohibition of government in bedrooms, I’m opposed to the Nanny Welfare State, the Food Police, the Tobacco Cops and busybody politicians that mind everybody’s business but their own.

Then we will get along fine for the most part. But I do not wish to replace representative government with the corporatocracy conservatives promote. The American people are shareholders in our economy and country, not stockholders.

I'm also a huge fan of Barry Goldwater. Matter of fact I heard Barry talk about plans for 1964 he had discussed with President Kennedy.

In 1963, Goldwater and his friend, John F. Kennedy, shared a radical plan: The two men would campaign as a team. The Republican and the Democratic president would barnstorm the country and speak on the same platform. The ideas - conservative vs. liberal - would be debated and the election would be a referendum on public policy.

"I knew him as a close friend and I had really looked forward to running against him in the election that was to be held," Goldwater wrote after Kennedy's death in 1963. The two candidates planned to stump the country "like politicians should do. Standing up to state our points, our issues, and then debating each other."

Imagine that. These two politicians could have built a stage for a politics of discourse, a test of ideas. Goldwater was fond of JFK. It was a friendship that did not require affirmation; they could agree to disagree.

Kennedy's assassination ended the notion of a joint campaign stage.

Goldwater even withdrew from the Republican field, saying he no longer had the stomach for a campaign. However, in January of 1964, after much pressure from his colleagues, he took up the fight against Johnson. Goldwater promised a Scottsdale crowd: "I will not change my beliefs to win votes. I will offer a choice, not an echo." ref

Equality, rightly understood as our founding fathers understood it, leads to liberty and to the emancipation of creative differences; wrongly understood, as it has been so tragically in our time, it leads first to conformity and then to despotism.
Barry Goldwater

Back