Hillary Clinton on the Supreme Court?

blackascoal

The Force is With Me
Next Stop, Supreme Court?

excerpt ---

"If Obama were to promise Clinton the first court vacancy, her supporters would actually have a stronger incentive to support him for president than they would if she were going to be vice president. Given the Supreme Court's delicate liberal-conservative balance, she would play a major role in charting the country's future; there is no guarantee that a Clinton vice presidency would achieve such importance."

--

"Senate confirmation would be all but certain, even putting aside the gains that Democrats are likely to make in November. Clinton could be confirmed in the current alignment. Democrats would want to support their new president, and those who like Clinton would vote for her."

--- more at link

http://www.washingtonpost.com//wp-d...1571.html?hpid=opinionsbox1?hpid=opinionsbox1

Interesting possibility?

It would certainly soothe the rancor in the party and she could do more for women in the SC than she could as VP.

Guarantee you there is no way in hell she would get past the Senate.

I will bet anyone stupid enough to think otherwise $100 right now.

The supreme court we have now is too conservative in comparison with the American people.

Lets hope they settle in and grow more liberal themselves, its happen before.

Depends on how you look at it. The Court isn't as protective of privacy as I would like, and that isn't likely to change regardless of whether McCain or Obama appoints the next Justice.

Roe v. Wade might be in some danger from a conservative court though, so if I cared about that (which I don't) I would say the Court needs another liberal.

I'm positive. I said I would take the bet.

Do you honestly think the Senate Republicans wouldn't filibuster HILLARY CLINTON?

Unless you think that the Democrats will have 60 REAL Democrats not counting Blue Dogs, I don't see how you could even begin to convince yourself of that.

That is the main reason I dotn want McCain. the court has been stacked by Bush just like he did the DOJ. Sadly the scotus is much more permenant.

Can somebody say "Myers"? She is so not qualified. About the same qualifications as Harriet Myers had.

Do you honestly think the Senate Republicans wouldn't filibuster HILLARY CLINTON?

Unless you think that the Democrats will have 60 REAL Democrats not counting Blue Dogs, I don't see how you could even begin to convince yourself of that.

No I don't think that they would. She's made a lot of friends up there among Republicans. Professional courtesy will prevail over their fanatical base's nonsense.

Back