Hillary: every vote should count when it comes to MI & FL?

Well, we completely disagree. It's no different from asking the electoral college to vote the opposite of how the voters in their states cast their votes, based on who they individually think would make the "best President." It nullifies the votes cast. It is no longer a representative democracy.

That's what she is arguing for. That's why it is contradictory to express concern about voter disenfranchisement while arguing at the same time that regular voters don't count, and that delegates shouldn't listen to the voters in their states.
It is exactly like that. Except in this case a couple state's worth of Electoral votes were thrown out and they have no representation at that vote at all.

It is entirely legal to vote elsewhere if you are one of the people elected to the electoral college. Suggesting it is legal to do so, and that you should vote for whomever you believe is the best, has nothing to do with taking away a person's vote.

"Suggesting it is legal to do so, and that you should vote for whomever you believe is the best, has nothing to do with taking away a person's vote."

Actually, that is exactly what the argument entails. If representative delegates vote their own way, they are no longer representative; they no longer represent the 1,000's of regular voters who they were selected based on. It has everything to do with taking away a person's vote; many persons.

"I can't see any way that saying that delegates should vote for the person they think would win means that their (the citizens) votes don't count."

Damo if you can't see that, then I can't help you. I mean I guess you can't see an elephant sitting on your head either?
No, I think you are confusing two different things. Suggesting that two states with no representation should get some and saying that elected representatives can change their vote are two different things.

I know everybody wants HillBillary to look as evil as possible so that their choice can get more votes, but what she is saying isn't contradictory. It is political maneuvering, yes, but the same thing as saying votes shouldn't count? No.

Congrats. You have achieved Superfreak-status in adamently refusing to admit when you're wrong on a question so obvious.

Congrats. You have achieved Superfreak-status in adamently refusing to admit when you're wrong on a question so obvious.
*sigh*

Whatever. It isn't like she's going to be successful. I think that people in your party are simply casting what she says in the worst possible light. It's like arguing with an EMO girl, no matter what you say if there is more than one way to interpret it she's going to assume that it is the way that is the most insulting or hurtful that you meant it...

I'm good with that. As I said, it isn't like I'm a HillBillary fan. And I'm very glad y'all chose a different candidate than her. She just doesn't realize she's doomed yet.

Back