Hillary gets CLOBBERED in Va.

Socrtease

Verified User
Blacks, Hispanics, men, catholics. The only group that she won was white women. This could be the beginning of the end. Also, MSNBC was talking about Texas in 2004. 21 of the Dem primary electorate in Texas was black with Kerry being the front runner. Imagine the turnout when a black man is on the ballot. In 2004 the turnout among Blacks was almost as much as the Hispanics.

I gotta confess that I thought Hillary was gonna be the hands down winner....
I can't believe an Afr. American is getting the support he is....I thought racism was
alive and well in the US....this proves otherwise...it may exist, but its far from a major issue.....Even the race baiters aren't having the success they imagined...

Obama may very well be the first black national leader, not only in America, but in the entire western world.

turns America into quite the role model compared to Europe and Canada and the rest of the modern world. here comes the $$$

turns America into quite the role model compared to Europe and Canada and the rest of the modern world. here comes the $$$

Jumping the gun to be calling the US a role model, no?

Given that he hasn't become the nominee, hasn't been elected and that if he does become President there'll be no black faces in the Senate.

Given the greater numbers of ethnic minorities present in the US you'd expect much greater representation. As it is you've got just as many old white men as we have. Although most of Europe have had women Prime Ministers during the last 40 odd years.

I hope it happens but there's still a hell of a long way to go.

I can't believe an Afr. American is getting the support he is....I thought racism was
alive and well in the US....this proves otherwise...it may exist, but its far from a major issue.....Even the race baiters aren't having the success they imagined...

alive and well in the US....

I wouldn't read too much into it. The demographic of these primaries is not representative of the nation as a whole. These are Democratic primaries, in some cases, closed primaries. Who generally votes in Democratic primaries? The liberal and left-of-center democratic and liberal activist base, for the most part. That's probably the least racist demographic in america. It's not a snap shot, or a representative sample of the entire electorate.

The smears on obama about being a radical black muslim, and a black nationlist who attends a racist black church are coming. And they will have an effect, at least at the margins.

It will be difficult for many to face the reality that America has indeed taken a huge step towards sanity.

"I thought racism was
alive and well in the US....this proves otherwise"

One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot.

It's like saying a cold day proves there is no global warming.

Given that he hasn't become the nominee, hasn't been elected and that if he does become President there'll be no black faces in the Senate.

Given the greater numbers of ethnic minorities present in the US you'd expect much greater representation. As it is you've got just as many old white men as we have. Although most of Europe have had women Prime Ministers during the last 40 odd years.

Women and minorities don't do well here, true. It's kind of amazing that Obama's gotten this far.

Absolutely .. but we must also recognize that this is not the same America of past generations.

Thank you George Bush .. without whom this moment would not be possible.

"I thought racism was
alive and well in the US....this proves otherwise"

One of the most ridiculous statements I've read on this board, and that's saying a lot.

It's like saying a cold day proves there is no global warming.
It isn't. Winning election after election shows a pattern that one day would never show in such a context.

You think a candidate like Obama winning Democratic primaries proves definitively that racism is NOT alive & well in America?

No. I think Racism still exists. But I think Obama's success across the board shows that racism is not as prevelant as some would have us believe.

Bill Clinton's Campaign Manager, David Wilhelm, a superdelegate, has just come out in suport of Obama.

The end is nigh ...

You think a candidate like Obama winning Democratic primaries proves definitively that racism is NOT alive & well in America?
I think it is not the same as one day compared to Global Warming consensus.

I think it is overreaching to say that it proves racism is dead, but it is evidence that points in that direction. It would be more like showing a trend like the Temp rising then CO2 rising afterward that begins to make people ask questions, but not like "one day" compared to a consensus.

alive and well in the US....

I wouldn't read too much into it. The demographic of these primaries is not representative of the nation as a whole. These are Democratic primaries, in some cases, closed primaries. Who generally votes in Democratic primaries? The liberal and left-of-center democratic and liberal activist base, for the most part. That's probably the least racist demographic in america. It's not a snap shot, or a representative sample of the entire electorate.

The smears on obama about being a radical black muslim, and a black nationlist who attends a racist black church are coming. And they will have an effect, at least at the margins.

I have to wade in here and say that just because the map will show Obama losing to John McCain in several southern states in November it does not necessarily show a pattern of racism. I can see it coming though. A post election map in late November that shows the red and the blue and everywhere there is red (mostly in the South) will be called "racist" even though for the majority of these voters that is not an accurate statement.

Back