Hillary is losing it - emotional rolercoaster

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Thursday night she wash "honored to be with obama"

today she scolds him "Shame on you" for mailers he sent out weeks ago.

Shes like an emotional roller coaster. Totally losing it. No way she should be president.

Thursday night she wash "honored to be with obama"

today she scolds him "Shame on you" for mailers he sent out weeks ago.

Shes like an emotional roller coaster. Totally losing it. No way she should be president.

Yeah, the little lady just has too many over the top emotional mood swings. :rolleyes:. Your Clinton derangement syndrome is showing.

Gimme a break chapdog. This is standard, garden vareity political tactics. Politicians use different rhetoric and different tactics, depending on context and strategy.

How many times has Bush gone on national TV and declared he wants to work earnestly with Democrats in a bipartisan way. Then, the next day he throws some red meat to the base, by saying Democrats want to surrender to Al Qaeda?

It's all political strategy and tactics, geared to different audiences.

On another note, I think Clinton has a point. Obama is using the same tactics the rightwing used to smear universal healthcare in the early 1990s, right down to using the Harry and Louise image and rhetoric on his flyer. It IS shameful for a Democrat to use those smears against a universal healthcare plan.

all i know is in my life i try to avoid people who's look in the eye and total demeanor can change on a dime like that.

It's my understanding that the one flier doesn't attack universal healthcare; only Clinton's idea that her plan would garner wages if necessary to achieve it.

Another flier criticizes her Iraq vote even though she hadn't read an intel report casting doubt on WMD's. She said it's misleading, because most Senators didn't actually read it. That's hardly adequate cover, and the vote itself stands on its own. She has never said it was a mistake, and that's a problem. To fly into a sense of truly false outrage about that is kind of absurd; yes, it's a campaign season & she's trying to drum up headlines (successfully, too), but let's call it for what it is.

all i know is in my life i try to avoid people who's look in the eye and total demeanor can change on a dime like that.

This isn't real life. This is politics. The politicians who is behind when the goal line is in sight invariably resorts to desparate tactics. Bill Bradley had to resort to calling Al Gore a serial liar when Gore was pulling away. I don't think this has anything to do with the little lady being moody.

The Clinton accusation of plagarism was stupid, and the xerox joke fell flat on it's face and wasn't funny. It pissed me off. In this case, I think she has a good reason to be pissed. I found myself pissed that the Obama campaign used the Harry and Louise imagery and rhetoric of the rightwing smear on universal healthcare. I can't believe a Democrat would drudge up that Harry and Luoise stuff.

Let's just hope Obama doesn't pull a Joe Lieberman in the general election. That is too say, let's hope he gets as aggresive and dirty in attacking republicans as he does with Democrats. He's pretty disciplined about publically having a message of "hope", but his surrogates have been quite capable of playing hardball below the radar.

"I found myself pissed that the Obama campaign used the Harry and Louise imagery and rhetoric of the rightwing smear on universal healthcare."

The idea that Obama was issuing a blanket attack on universal healthcare as an idea is disingenuous on Hillary's part. It's just not true. He is taking issue with the idea that she would go after wages to achieve it, which he has been very public about in debates & speeches.

This isn't real life. This is politics. The politicians who is behind when the goal line is in sight invariably resorts to desparate tactics. Bill Bradley had to resort to calling Al Gore a serial liar when Gore was pulling away. I don't think this has anything to do with the little lady being moody.

The Clinton accusation of plagarism was stupid, and the xerox joke fell flat on it's face and wasn't funny. It pissed me off. In this case, I think she has a good reason to be pissed. I found myself pissed that the Obama campaign used the Harry and Louise imagery and rhetoric of the rightwing smear on universal healthcare. I can't believe a Democrat would drudge up that Harry and Luoise stuff.

Let's just hope Obama doesn't pull a Joe Lieberman in the general election. That is too say, let's hope he gets as aggresive and dirty in attacking republicans as he does with Democrats. He's pretty disciplined about publically having a message of "hope", but his surrogates have been quite capable of playing hardball below the radar.

i was in Dallas about a week and a half ago on business and believe me Hillary tv negative ads were like every single commercial. meanwhile obama's tv ads seemed to always be positive message.

No, it's about mandates - her plan has them his doesn't. There are a lot of experts out there who have studied this issue, and conclude that ANY health care plan with any hopes to be "universal" will need to include mandates. And that Obama's slams on Clinton's plan, in effect, will doom health care in the next administration, no matter whose it is.

I have a serious problem with that, and with Obama. As for Chap's opening thesis, it's a bunch of stereotypical bullshit. During the R debates, Mitt Romney would refer to McCain as his friend, and try and convince the audience that he "sincerely" considered him a friend. In the meantime, as soon as he got out of there, he'd viciously attack him, and vs vsa, and inside the beltway journalists would report the truth- Mitt and McCain actively despise each other.

It's called politics, get real. Knock this shit off with Hillary. What bullshit.

All of the above said...John McCain must not become President. Obama might very well cost us health care, but I have health insurance. I always have. I'm so sick and tired of worrying about people who don't give a shit abbout anything. The fact is that people who actually don't have it coming - people in other countries... are going to die if McCain the mentally unstable war monger gets into office.

It's time for Hillary to step aside. I believe she'll do it after Texas and Ohio. If she doesn't, the party is going to have step in. As for Obama... I don't know if the best man won. I guess we're gonna find out.

i was in Dallas about a week and a half ago on business and believe me Hillary tv negative ads were like every single commercial. meanwhile obama's tv ads seemed to always be positive message.

Newsflash Chap: this close to the goal line, the front runner is always positive and upbeat. The runner up goes negative.

Lorax, here's what the obama flyer says on healthcare.

The mailing says, “Hillary’s health care plan forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can’t afford it.” It also says, “Punishing families who can’t afford health care to begin with just doesn’t make sense.”

That's straight out of the Rove playbook. Its a rightwing talking point. The imagery of Harry and Louise is problematic to me. Universal healthcare is a core democratic value. Or, it should be. I would expect hard core blue dog democrats to use these talking points....or Karl Rove. Not a progressive democrat.

The flyer attacking her for NAFTA was much more merited, IMO. Her support of NAFTA is appalling.

Who care chap? He's been slamming her with negative, and outright deceptive mailers (the one Newsday had to post a correction on - he had taken something THEY said and made it look like she said it, for one). He has a talent for staying above the stink - but his campaign has spread plenty of stink. And I think he's helped by the age-old gender stereotypes. She's manipulative and controlling and cold and calculating, he's not.

It's the age old - a man who knows what he wants is a good businessman, a woman who knows what she wants is a bitch.

And you perpetuate those stereotypes every day on this board

Newsflash Chap: this close to the goal line, the front runner is always positive and upbeat. The runner up goes negative.

Lorax, here's what the obama flyer says on healthcare.

The mailing says, “Hillary’s health care plan forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can’t afford it.” It also says, “Punishing families who can’t afford health care to begin with just doesn’t make sense.”

That's straight out of the Rove playbook. Its a rightwing talking point. The imagery of Harry and Louise is problematic to me. Universal healthcare is a core democratic value. Or, it should be. I would expect hard core blue dog democrats to use these talking points....or Karl Rove. Not a progressive democrat.

The flyer attacking her for NAFTA was much more merited, IMO. Her support of NAFTA is appalling.

how about this point. those flyer's have been around for weeks. Based on her visibly angry chaves style reaction she must have just learned about them. Talk about more piss poor management of her campaign to have that slow of a reaction time turnaround.

think about it. Hillary is constantly doing shit to garner reaction and headlines.. poor me bit in new Hampshire, the outrage of the flyer's, the 'im so proud to be here' at the debate.. Just so inconsistant and bi polar like.

this country does not need an emotional roller coaster. We need steady.

think about it. Hillary is constantly doing shit to garner reaction and headlines.. poor me bit in new Hampshire, the outrage of the flyer's, the 'im so proud to be here' at the debate.. Just so inconsistant and bi polar like.

this country does not need an emotional roller coaster. We need steady.

I think that you don't pay much attention to politics, to say this with a straight face.

"The mailing says, “Hillary’s health care plan forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can’t afford it.” It also says, “Punishing families who can’t afford health care to begin with just doesn’t make sense.”"

That's what he's been saying in debates. She didn't say "shame on you" the other night when he said this. You know what? It's true - and she has admitted that.

It's not "the Rove playbook". Talking about a terrorist attack in the next Presidency is "the Rove playbook"; guess who did that?

how about this point. those flyer's have been around for weeks. Based on her visibly angry chaves style reaction she must have just learned about them. Talk about more piss poor management of her campaign to have that slow of a reaction time turnaround.

Bad campaign management, perhaps. She still has a valid point, and this is politics. Her surrogates and elements of the progressive blogosphere have been slamming Obama for months, about his use of rightwing talking points to undermine a core progressive value: universal healthcare. Which, as has been pointed out, will require mandates. Obama's own plan has a mandate for children. That's the only economically viable way to have universal healthcare: require that everyone be covered. I don't want people with no health insurance turning up in emergency rooms, and who can't afford it, and then the rest of us with insurance pick up the tab. Plus, to me its a moral issue. Everyone should be covered.

Obama is indeed undermining the premise of true universal healthcare. Using Rove talking points. That's going to poison the well. Now, if he wants to attack Clinton on NAFTA, lobbyists, and Iraq, I'm totally into that.

"The mailing says, “Hillary’s health care plan forces everyone to buy insurance, even if you can’t afford it.” It also says, “Punishing families who can’t afford health care to begin with just doesn’t make sense.”"

That's what he's been saying in debates. She didn't say "shame on you" the other night when he said this. You know what? It's true - and she has admitted that.

It's not "the Rove playbook". Talking about a terrorist attack in the next Presidency is "the Rove playbook"; guess who did that?

Oh yeah, I totally slammed Clinton for that. That vote for me or your all going to die bullshit. I'm calling them both out on it, when they engage in rightwing crap.

Back