Hillary wins KY

I couldn't believe the exit poll they ran earlier. 21% of the voters said race was a factor in their decision, and over 90% of those went for Hillary.

Yeah the MSM always asks why Barack can't win the working class white vote why don't they ask why hillary ALWAYS wins the "racial vote" in those states. 90% who said race matters voted for Hillary. If I was a candidate I would go on the Television and tell those voters that if they voted for me because of the race of the other person I don't want your vote.

Yeah the MSM always asks why Barack can't win the working class white vote why don't they ask why hillary ALWAYS wins the "racial vote" in those states. 90% who said race matters voted for Hillary. If I was a candidate I would go on the Television and tell those voters that if they voted for me because of the race of the other person I don't want your vote.

So Obama winning 90% of the black vote has nothing to do with race? :rolleyes:

Of course it does. However, I would contend that one metric is a more positive motivation, while one is negative. One is racial identity, and one is based more in bigotry.

One could argue that but that doesn't make it so. Listen folks, I know that racism is alive and present. What percentage of the electorate made the decision to vote for Hillary based on race? Wasn't it about 19% of whites, and though a vast majority of that 19% voted for Hillary still not all of them did. So that breaks down to a some percentage below 19% of the electorate of white people voting for Hillary based on race, and that in a southern state. I would like to see a similar breakdown of black voters just to see how close the same numbers might run.

One thing to keep in mind on KY. We have a closed primary, Only registered dems voted for dems.

Last edited:
One could argue that but that doesn't make it so. Listen folks, I know that racism is alive and present. What percentage of the electorate made the decision to vote for Hillary based on race? Wasn't it about 19% of whites, and though a vast majority of that 19% voted for Hillary still not all of them did. So that breaks down to a some percentage below 19% of the electorate of white people voting for Hillary based on race, and that in a southern state. I would like to see a similar breakdown of black voters just to see how close the same numbers might run.

I was kind of amazed by that stat. It was 1 in 5 voters saying that race was a factor in their decision; the fact that over 90% of them went for Hillary, to me, is basically like admitting "I won't vote for someone who is black."

That's a pretty stark admission, and by a # that is not insignificant. And that's just the folks who were willing to admit that to a pollster in person.

Of course it does. However, I would contend that one metric is a more positive motivation, while one is negative. One is racial identity, and one is based more in bigotry.

What about all the women who are voting for Hillary because she is a woman? You could make a similar argument that one is gender identity and thus more positive motivation as you said.

What about all the women who are voting for Hillary because she is a woman? You could make a similar argument that one is gender identity and thus more positive motivation as you said.

And what about the people who said race mattered, 90% of whom voted for Hillary? You could say that they were white bigots, who deserve to be shot in the face and drug into a shallow grave. You could say that about most people in the south.

People in other areas do not understand the southern mentality.
Not that I am defending the rascist parts of it at all.

Excellent point. I was disturbed to see quotes from women in weeks past saying that they'd vote for her because it might be the last opportunity they'd have to vote for a woman for president. Great reason for choosing a candidate, wot? That suggests to me that we still have a long, long way to go with respect to negative influences of sexism as well as racism.

That is exactly what I was going to say. Blacks and women are voting based on positive motivation. It would be a first for America, where as voting for someone because they are white and NOT black or for a man and NOT a woman are not positivily motivated, White men have been president since Washington. It is not big deal that a white man MIGHT be president. Those People that feels race matters and are voting for Hillary are doing so not because Hillary is white but because Barack is black.

Back