Hitler and the Church

To Anti:

This thread wasn't about political strategy. It was about the late Mr. Hitchens pointing out the role of Christianity. In turn, it's the job of my generation to recognize this, taking steps to minimalize the cultural and political influence of religion.

Christianity, and religion specifically, has it's place. I won't deny that. But I won't say that place is one of power - sure, let people be slaves, just don't let them extend that to the rest of us.

When can we dispel this myth that Hitler held Christian values?

Hitler used the Catholic Church in Europe for power. Regardless of whether or not one might think that the pope was a Nazi collaborator or a leader who did what he could to protect his parishes by cooperating with the Nazis to a certain degree in order to accomplish this is actually irrelevant.

Hitler himself was an atheist. His Nazi party's religion was Nordic paganism. This is where they got the idea of the Arian from Nordic legend. There science was adapted from Darwin and natural selection.

They combined both and came up with their racial policies and their declaration that the Germanic people were superior and should dominate Europe on account of it.

Back