Hm , did the feds stop the state from curbing the subprime problem?

Yeah really funny.

A global ression possibley depression caused by the US government coddling the corporations at the expense of the American public.

It is just so funny huh?

nobody trusts anybody else

Are you now getting why not regulating the industry is bad in the long run?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/main.jhtml?xml=/money/2008/01/24/bcnstig124.xml

"The mechanism of monetary policy is ineffective in these circumstances. I'm not saying it won't work at all: it will help the banking system but the credit squeeze is going to go on because nobody trusts anybody else. The Fed is pushing on a string,"
Hence, increasing government debt would be the answer using Keynesian theory. They do that by giving you money that they don't have to spend.... It's called a "rebate".

I would like to see programs to rebuild our infrastructure and investing in schools.

They will stimulate the economy and create jobs and then at least we will have the benifit of how the money is spent.

I would like to see programs to rebuild our infrastructure and investing in schools.

They will stimulate the economy and create jobs and then at least we will have the benifit of how the money is spent.
Yes, given that roads are actually part of the enumerated powers, I'd rather see that than this damn redistributionist "rebate."

no recession yet desh, get some anti-freeze for you cut and paste motor for right now. Heaven forbid you actually have your own ideas formed.

ahh it means you putting the words depression out there and don't know what it means. we are not even in a recession yet.

watch and see, the fed lowering interest rates dramatically is going to keep us out of a recession or limit it to a small one.

now your learning, inflation is going to be a serious problem. But a differnt problem than recession. And maybe a more serious one, especially for the poor and elderly

Back