Honestly, besides being tortured, what did McCain do to excel in the military?

McCain hires the same guy who was behind the swiftboating of Kerry to work in his own campaign .. this after denouncing the same guy and his tactics when they questioned Kerry's service.

Weak-kneed Obama supporters want to play by Marquis of Queensbury rules while McCain will do whatever he need do to win.

What Clark said was true: getting shot down does not qualify one to be president. No one would vote for Goose, from "Top Gun".

Clark's statement was orders and orders of magnitude more benign than what the swiftboat liars said. Which were outright lies. The faux outrage from the reich wing is borderline hilarious. Get out the smelling salts and fainting couches for these pussys.

Obama played this perfectly. Exactly from the republican play book. He dissociated himself from Clark's comments, while letting surrogates slam McCain. Clark was on MSNBC tonight, and stood by his comment.

Well, I would submit that some military service is better than no military service when it comes to the role of Commander in Chief.

Of course, there is a hell of a lot more to the presidency than being Commander in Chief. But CinC is one very important role, especially when we have feet on the ground.

At no time has military experience, of itself, been qualification for president. But while McCain has not been hiding his service, I do not see that he has been using it any where near to the point Kerry tried to use his military experience against Bush's questionable reserve experience. The race is, of course, not officially on until after the conventions. But unless the war ends up playing the center stage (which is doubtful considering current economic woes) then neither McCain's service, nor Obama's lack of service should be at issue.

(Except for those braindead anger ridden slimeballs who feel the need for some kind of retribution for what happened to Kerry in '04)

I have NEVER said that his military record is off limits. When you and I disagreed BAC it was about you calling him a collaborator etc. I think how he got into the Naval Acadamy is up for review. Did he really qualify for it or did he ONLY get in because of his dad and grandfather. The 4 other planes he crashed, I think they are fair game, but the one that went down in Vietnam was shot out from under him. That was not his fault. You can ask about alot of his military record, but calling him a colaborator is a losing proposition.

Well, I would submit that some military service is better than no military service when it comes to the role of Commander in Chief.

Of course, there is a hell of a lot more to the presidency than being Commander in Chief. But CinC is one very important role, especially when we have feet on the ground.

At no time has military experience, of itself, been qualification for president. But while McCain has not been hiding his service, I do not see that he has been using it any where near to the point Kerry tried to use his military experience against Bush's questionable reserve experience. The race is, of course, not officially on until after the conventions. But unless the war ends up playing the center stage (which is doubtful considering current economic woes) then neither McCain's service, nor Obama's lack of service should be at issue.

(Except for those braindead anger ridden slimeballs who feel the need for some kind of retribution for what happened to Kerry in '04)

If you believe the portion in bold above you haven't been paying attention.

I have no idea on the collabarator thing. But how he got in and his performance up till he was shot down is ver valid and pertinent. Is he another loser like Bush JR, wo had to marry a rich woman to make it in life ? No better than Kerry ?

Back