Hospital Attempts Deportation of Woman With Inadequate Insurance

sad story for sure but its also sad what happened with the subway train in Boston yesterday, or the countless other news stories.

Shouldn't we care FIRST about American citizens then about non Americans?

Who said evil ? Keep on spinning Damo :clink:
don't get dizzy though.
I did. Because I believe it would be 'evil' to think as you pretend to believe that I think.

Your inane assumptions notwithstanding I understand it is used to prop up a wish to believe that your ideology is more "moral" than mine. As I said, it is always good to know what others will do to convince themselves of such regardless of personal knowledge of a person and previous experience with them.

sad story for sure but its also sad what happened with the subway train in Boston yesterday, or the countless other news stories.

Shouldn't we care FIRST about American citizens then about non Americans?

Not when it comes to medical care and life and death situations. She's a (evidently) hard working, tax paying mother of six children. I don't care if she's a citizen or not.

What an awful story. I see Damo and his friend Dildoduck were laughing it up over this. I guess it's not quite as funny as hundreds of thousands of dead for a lie, which sent meme into convulsions of laughter yesterday, but it's still good for a giggle.

That almost made me ill. Meme needs to take her comedy show on the road: Hundreds of thousands of dead in Iraq for lies. Hilarious.

There are situations where profit and health care are incompatible. This is one of them.

Not buying it. This sounds all too much like the mythology that xenophobic Minuteman militia groups like to propagate: the legend of the lucky-ducky illegal alien, who has more rights than the average american or legal resident.
Which is what I was playing on...

Do you even realize what conditions most undocumented workers have to submit to? The reason business interests want them here (in part) is because laws and rights are typically NOT applied to them: minimum wage laws, labor laws, safety laws. If they were a victim of crime, or if their employer simply decided not to pay them, what is their recourse? They're not going to complain, or seek help from law enforcement. They are not living high on the hog, enjoying the good life, and they are not the recipients of generous and lavish treatment with respect to rights than legal citizens are.
Hence my urgency in getting the problem solved by first closing to illegal entry, then opening for legal entrance, both as residents and as temp workers depending on how they want to do it, so that people who come to work here are not treated this way.

This has been my argument for a long time. This is a humanity issue. Not a "xenophobe" issue.

If you don't do the first, the rest of it is worthless as people will continue to take advantage of lax enforcement of the border and there will be continued abuse and use of people in a flesh trade we create.

One of the main things we must do is start enforcing the fines on businesses for illegally hiring the people. Those who are actually taking advantage and using the people this way.

Back