How Classy

Cancel7

Banned
"In December, President-elect Obama asked the White House if he and his family could move into Blair House — the White House’s guest house — a week early, so that his daughters Malia and Sasha could start school. The White House rebuffed them, saying the house was already booked for another guest. A White House source added that “Blair House was appalled” by the request.

After weeks of speculation, the mystery guest that trumps the President-elect and his family has finally been revealed. The White House offered the house to John Howard, the former Prime Minister of Australia who is set to receive a Medal of Freedom. Instead of arranging other accommodations for Howard’s one-night stay, the Bush administration told the Obama family to stay in a hotel for two weeks. (Former British Prime Minister Tony Blair and Colombian President Álvaro Uribe, who are also receiving the Medal of Freedom, opted to find other accommodations.)

Last night on MSNBC’s “Countdown,” Bloomberg journalist Margaret Carlson revealed that when the White House turned down Obama’s request in early December, it had not yet even invited Howard to stay at the Blair House:

I reported…on December 11 and 12 that there were no foreign dignitaries booked into Blair House during that period of time. … I have the feeling they asked him [Howard] to come and stay so that there might be some plausible reason for not letting the Obamas stay there.

http://thinkprogress.org/2009/01/07/howard-blair-house/

I heard this one on Kieth last night.

They must not have wanted a black man to stay there.

Imagine the pettiness this takes.

Maybe they'll remove all the "O"s in their keyboards before they leave and take some China with them.

Maybe they'll remove all the "O"s in their keyboards before they leave and take some China with them.

I'm pretty sure that the non-partisan GAO determined that this did not happen.

But I do give you two thumbs up for your SF impersonation.

I'm pretty sure that the non-partisan GAO determined that this did not happen.

But I do give you two thumbs up for your SF impersonation.
It didn't happen because they haven't left yet. Even the "non-partisan" GAO cannot determine that something in the future hasn't happened.

Although it was a reference to the stories that something close to that had happened in the past. I stress "stories". They are mythical.

But maybe this time it will be real. It would make me laugh.

And I'm pretty sure Dubya himself dismissed these myths even without a wasteful GAO investigation.

I just spent some time looking at it.

Much ado about nothing but soem silly pranks.

Lots of talk of dirty carpet,walls in need of painting and dirty old and broken furnature.

Did they think the Clinton staff were the fucking janitors?

I heard this one on Kieth last night.

They must not have wanted a black man to stay there.

Imagine the pettiness this takes.

Here's a perfect example of projection. Desh is a fucking racist for even coming up with the idea.

Lots of talk of dirty carpet,walls in need of painting and dirty old and broken furnature.

How do pranks involve janitors?

Yeah I remember when it came out, and that was the conclusion.

And as for Damo's bs that "he's sure bush dismissed it" try Karl Rove was the one spreading it.

For years now, the stupid pundits have been giggling over that, as a way to show that they're in the know, and how cool Karl Rove is. On the political shows.

Of course, I'm sure you "missed this" too.

Either way of course, Damo's diversion worked again. This is what he wants, for us to be bickering about Bill fucking Clinton so no one talks about what a low class piece of shit Bush is.

And what a liar to boot.

Either way of course, Damo's diversion worked again. This is what he wants, for us to be bickering about Bill fucking Clinton so no one talks about what a low class piece of shit Bush is.

And what a liar to boot.

You took the bait first.

It was tongue in cheek humor, the kind that she misses the most often. I keep forgetting to add sarcasm tags.

Anyway, if it is true that it was not already planned to have a dignitary there, then this is petty and sad. If it is true that the house was already booked then it was the right thing to do.

Back