How come all these wacko Gunmen use assault rifles?? Why dont they use handguns?

Seems to me banning assault rifles is useless. You can turn a regular rifle into an assault rifle with a kit.

My guess is anti gun group knows this and also knows first step ban assault rifles.. next step.. hey in order to ban assault rifles we need to ban kits and the regular rifles that can be converted.

Not going to happen.

Seems to me banning assault rifles is useless. You can turn a regular rifle into an assault rifle with a kit.

My guess is anti gun group knows this and also knows first step ban assault rifles.. next step.. hey in order to ban assault rifles we need to ban kits and the regular rifles that can be converted.

Not going to happen.

Using that logic I can say, I dont see how banning Meth would be anything but useless, you can turn regular cold medicine into Meth in any Kitchen!

Using that logic I can say, I dont see how banning Meth would be anything but useless, you can turn regular cold medicine into Meth in any Kitchen!

i here what your saying. but its not gong to stop these mall and church shooters. they will just convert a rifle. its so fucking easy

i here what your saying. but its not gong to stop these mall and church shooters. they will just convert a rifle. its so fucking easy

True and banning Meth is not going to stop Meth users, but we still try!

Interestingly, there is a limit of 2 boxes of Sudafed per transaction here in my state. Your name is recorded to see if you have purchased boxes anywhere else that day.

gun laws to 'control' criminal acts don't fucking work. If you want to know what works, just look up charles whitman and his murderous act on top of the tower. Read about how CIVILIANS with their own weapons limited the body count by providing their own assault fire until two cops and another civilian could kill him. Read also how he didn't use an 'assault weapon', but used a HUNTING rifle, shotgun, and handgun.

gun control morons are the ones who don't live in reality, watermark.

Good point, STY.

All this talk about Uzis and AK47s is a waste of time.

If you want to see what can potentially be done, look at Whitman and look at the DC Sniper (I hate to use that term for him).

The average deer hunter in the eastern US could have made far more accurate shots with a bolt action rifle. Those who hunt much of the western US would have done far better.

The bans will do nothing except give the politicians something to crow about.

CK, to answer your question, its a matter of accuracy and range. With a semiautomatic handgun you are limited (for the most part) to under 75 yards if you are a good shot. If you have a good revolver and a steady rest you might go out to 100 yards.

With an assault rifle, of even mediocre quality, you can double that with ease. A good assault rifle (in .223) with optics can stretch your range to 500 yards if you have a good rest and are a good shot. Make that rifle a .308 or something bigger and you will be able to put sustained for on target out to 800 to 1,000 yards. That puts you out beyond the ring of security people.

gun laws to 'control' criminal acts don't fucking work. If you want to know what works, just look up charles whitman and his murderous act on top of the tower. Read about how CIVILIANS with their own weapons limited the body count by providing their own assault fire until two cops and another civilian could kill him. Read also how he didn't use an 'assault weapon', but used a HUNTING rifle, shotgun, and handgun.

gun control morons are the ones who don't live in reality, watermark.

Well, it only took the best part of a year but you showed that pesky Watermark in the end alright.

Back