How come none of the candidates are talking about Iraq?

R don't talk about it because it was a huge mistake.

D don't talk about it because things aren't as bad as they have been even though anyone in their right mind knows we can NEVER leave if we want the forced "peace" to continue.

R don't talk about it because it was a huge mistake.

D don't talk about it because things aren't as bad as they have been even though anyone in their right mind knows we can NEVER leave if we want the forced "peace" to continue.

I don't think they talk about it because there is little daylight between the candidates on each side. The Edwards plan is pretty similar to Obama's which is almost the same as Clinton's. On the R side they seem to all be wedded to whatever Bush is doing. Simply put, at this stage there doesn't seem to be much to talk about.

its amazing to me considering that in 2006 it was the only issue talked about. complete bums off the street were winning congress by just being antiwar and having zero other stances.

now its like a side issue like abortion or something.

its amazing to me considering that in 2006 it was the only issue talked about. complete bums off the street were winning congress by just being antiwar and having zero other stances.

now its like a side issue like abortion or something.

It is amazing to you? You must be easily impressed.

I don't think they talk about it because there is little daylight between the candidates on each side. The Edwards plan is pretty similar to Obama's which is almost the same as Clinton's. On the R side they seem to all be wedded to whatever Bush is doing. Simply put, at this stage there doesn't seem to be much to talk about.

Yeah that to. I'm sure it becomes a much bigger issue in the general.

fair enough. we will see if it becomes more of the clear #1 issue during the general campaign.

I'll bet that we'll hear a ton more on immigration during the General election.

Why? It's mainly a Republican issue and as things stand now the Republican front-runner was, along with Ted Kennedy, a primary sponsor of a bill that was torpedoed by the Republican right and supported by the Democrats.

If you get Giuliani or Romney, the issue becomes more prominent.

Why? It's mainly a Republican issue and as things stand now the Republican front-runner was, along with Ted Kennedy, a primary sponsor of a bill that was torpedoed by the Republican right and supported by the Democrats.

If you get Giuliani or Romney, the issue becomes more prominent.
About 70% of the nation mark it as one of their top three. It isn't that hard to figure out why they might talk about it during the general election. Each are holding their breath on the issue, in the hopes that they'll get a nominee on the D side that promotes DLs, etc for illegals.

The only way it won't be talked about is if McCain gets the nod as his position is the same as the Ds.

We've heard about virtually nothing BUT Iraq for the last 5 years. There are issue equally or more important than the war that should be given discussion time.

Mostly, on the GOP side, it seems to be mostly about who loves torture the most, and who's the "best" christian.

And on the left it's bickering about which nominally anti-war, corporate Democrat will most embody "change" while explaining how they plan to institute national healthcare while paying down the deficit with no new taxes.

Back