How do we solve the problem of poverty?

Which is most effective?

• Take from the fishermen and give to the masses

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
How did they pay for it if they are poor?

They paid for it by holding up the economy using labor and paying taxes to a country that dismissed them as second-class citizens. I, and many other leftists, believe that education is a right, not a privilege. Especially for those that have allowed this country to flourish, despite the poor conditions it placed upon them

They paid for it by holding up the economy using labor and paying taxes to a country that dismissed them as second-class citizens. I, and many other leftists, believe that education is a right, not a privilege. Especially for those that have allowed this country to flourish, despite the poor conditions it placed upon them

They don't pay federal income taxes so what are you beefing about?

Everyone gets free public education. What are you beefing about?

Obama took over student loan program. What are you beefing about?

They don't pay federal income taxes so what are you beefing about?

Everyone gets free public education. What are you beefing about?

Obama took over student loan program. What are you beefing about?

1. Not true.

2. Not past high school, and in this market, you need more than that.

3. That doesn't mean I support it. What part of "I believe the working poor in this country have already paid for an education", do you not understand? Loans increase the time in which you're allowed to pay, as well as the amount that you pay.

1. Not true.

2. Not past high school, and in this market, you need more than that.

3. That doesn't mean I support it. What part of "I believe the working poor in this country have already paid for an education", do you not understand? Loans increase the time in which you're allowed to pay, as well as the amount that you pay.

Yes it is true. Look at IRS data.

And college degree isn't what it used to be. Saw a report on PMSNBC or the Obama Network as you know it saying people are requiring degrees for jobs that once didnt. Which means you are burdening people with something they don't need. Maybe if liberals hadn't fucked up public education.

Why donyou want to be so dependent on the gobblement?

Yes it is true. Look at IRS data.

And college degree isn't what it used to be. Saw a report on PMSNBC or the Obama Network as you know it saying people are requiring degrees for jobs that once didnt. Which means you are burdening people with something they don't need. Maybe if liberals hadn't fucked up public education.

Why donyou want to be so dependent on the gobblement?

No it's not. http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/2011/07/27/why-do-people-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2/

Look at the increasing industrialization and development of markets. But, in any event, that's not my point. If someone wants an education, they have a right to it - especially if they're of the working class.

No it's not. http://taxvox.taxpolicycenter.org/2011/07/27/why-do-people-pay-no-federal-income-tax-2/

Look at the increasing industrialization and development of markets. But, in any event, that's not my point. If someone wants an education, they have a right to it - especially if they're of the working class.

So lets be clear, you went from disagreeing with me that the poor pay no federal income tax to posting a link explaining why they don't. Do I have that right?

By the way it was those dastardly Bush tax cuts you claim to hate so much.

I never said they paid no taxes. I was very specific and said federal income taxes.

Education is not a right. We won't agree so there is no point arguing it. You aren't going to change your mind. I won't change mine.

So lets be clear, you went from disagreeing with me that the poor pay no federal income tax to posting a link explaining why they don't. Do I have that right?

By the way it was those dastardly Bush tax cuts you claim to hate so much.

I never said they paid no taxes. I was very specific and said federal income taxes.

Education is not a right. We won't agree so there is no point arguing it. You aren't going to change your mind. I won't change mine.

That link says some of the working poor pay no income tax, not all of them. Also, you're right in presuming I misread your post. ;)

Yeah, so since you're not willing to challenge the education part further, and that's all I'm arguing for, this conversation is dead.

War, you kill off all the really poor people, then you don't have to worry about them, but you could also create poor people from the destruction.

Disease, more poor people usually die due to lack of medical care.

Bring back the tradition of old people killing themselves, when they are unble to work for their benefit, because a lot of the poor are elderly.

Bring back child labor, these kids can help add to the family coffers by working.

Start imprisoning people who can't pay their way, and bring back indentured servitude.

You're forgetting that with each one of these there must be profits made.

The right makes a profit from every dead American soldier.
Without proper nutrition and medical care old people will die faster, saving money for big pharm that backs the Republicons.
In order to do away with child labor laws the right needs one more generation. At the rate the middle class is moving into poverty, one more generation should be enough to lower our standard of living to 3rd world status.
Anytime you have private prisons making a profit from the state and fed you'll have paid-for politicians making laws to fill them. See Arizona.

Remember Rana, Republicons gotta make a buck off the backs of those they're screwing and killing. It's ingrained in them, money means more than country and society.

By swim, you mean find jobs that don't exist?

Find a job? I don't know. I haven't looked for a job for a long time. 16yrs old was the last time.

How about start their own business, or shoot themselves in the head.

Either way, they should be an adult and stop depending on someone else to feed them.

Here come the groans. (thx dude) You're such a hypocrite.

Back