how do you not know how many houses you own?

I guess we need to put some dictator in place somewhere to ruin his country so much that the people are nearly starving and willing to work like slaves for pennies. Go globalization.

But yet, they are no such counterpoint.

That's right, the system is totally on the up and up. Totally NOT corrupt. Are you a child?

It is a fact that many americans lose jobs to outsourcing.

It is a fact that globalization propagandists tell us that's a good thing.

Not necessarily. Maybe its just really hard to get people to dig ditches. Even illegals. You get down there.

I didn't say the entire system is on the up & up.

Yep, its hard to get people to dig ditches. Even when they pay decent wages. But the ditches have to be dug.

And if I needed a job, I would get one. But I have a job. I have skills that are not going to be outsourced, because they involve being onsite.

I didn't say the entire system is on the up & up.

Yep, its hard to get people to dig ditches. Even when they pay decent wages. But the ditches have to be dug.
So you do it, or shut up.
And if I needed a job, I would get one. But I have a job. I have skills that are not going to be outsourced, because they involve being onsite.
Well good for you. People can be brought in to replace you though. Just sleep with one eye open.

Do it or shut up? Thats an intelligent argument. I should walk away from a good job as a corporate safety director to dig ditches so I can satisfy some absurd challenge from someone without a clue?

Do it or shutup? Thats the best you got? Jeez asshat, thats pitiful.

No, I will continue to make sure those who DO dig the ditches do it the right way. I will continue to train, inspect, and motivate the people in the field.

I am sure that I could be replaced. No one in any company is irreplaceable. But my company likes what I do, like how I do it, and has not replaced people with outsiders since its beginnings. So I am safe enough. Nothing is guaranteed, but I am not packing my personal items in the office.

Life is never a sure thing. Name me one business that you can be SURE you will have a job next year? Even without the outsourcing, thats not how life works.

A mentor of mine once told me "You have to be loyal to your company, but always know what color your parachute is". I am aware of other job opportunities in my industry. If one were worth it, I would take it.

Do it or shut up? Thats an intelligent argument. I should walk away from a good job as a corporate safety director to dig ditches so I can satisfy some absurd challenge from someone without a clue?

Do it or shutup? Thats the best you got? Jeez asshat, thats pitiful.
You need to pay more to get those jobs done, not seek a population more desperate.
No, I will continue to make sure those who DO dig the ditches do it the right way. I will continue to train, inspect, and motivate the people in the field.
You got your whip all oiled up?
I am sure that I could be replaced. No one in any company is irreplaceable. But my company likes what I do, like how I do it, and has not replaced people with outsiders since its beginnings. So I am safe enough. Nothing is guaranteed, but I am not packing my personal items in the office.
I'm glad you're happy. Really. But your one experience doesn't negate the rest of reality. Never has. NEver will.
Life is never a sure thing. Name me one business that you can be SURE you will have a job next year? Even without the outsourcing, thats not how life works.

A mentor of mine once told me "You have to be loyal to your company, but always know what color your parachute is". I am aware of other job opportunities in my industry. If one were worth it, I would take it.

"Life's not a sure thing" is not an acceptable justification for purposefully driving people into poverty and despair for your own profit.

Pay more? As I have said in previous threads, I know of contractors who start their unskilled laborers off at between $600 and $750 a week. That comes to between $31k and $39k a year. Perhaps you could tell me where an person with no marketable skills could make that much?

Oh thats right, you suggested they become a whore or sell drugs. Yep, and MY ideas are bad for the people. lmao.

No, no whip needed. The do the work the right way or they don't work. Its quite simple. And considering the number of serious injuries and fatalities that have hsitorically been involved when doing trenching & excavation, I have no problem getting rid of people who cannot follow safety protocols.

I never said it negated anything. But one can only judge a company by its history and record. Everything else is just a generalization and wild speculation.

And no one in ANY of the 100+ companies that make up the corporation I work for is purposefully driving people into poverty and despair . In fact, since the country is better off if the people have money to spend, very few companies are doing that.

What they are NOT doing is continuing to do business in the same way when that way will send them into bankrupcy. What they are NOT doing is sacrificing the entire company so that some idiot can keep his job for another year before the entire company goes under.

I believe I have mentioned that some industries can't be outsourced?

We build utility systems. Now you can do a lot of things online and thru telecom, but hanging strand, fiber optic cables and burying utility lines pretty much HAS to be done on site.

You work as a contractor right ? Same as me, that is first stage outsourcing.
Less benefits, etc.

Much of the software development and hardware has been offshored as well.

Been mostly in and around the business since 70 or so.

I read your later posts and mostly agree with your idiots, etc. The pay in DP and telecom has dropped though or on the average been somewhat stagnant.

Last edited:
Pay more? As I have said in previous threads, I know of contractors who start their unskilled laborers off at between $600 and $750 a week. That comes to between $31k and $39k a year. Perhaps you could tell me where an person with no marketable skills could make that much?
If you're not getting enough people, you're obviously not paying enough. That's markets. You get paid more than that. Will you dig the holes?
Oh thats right, you suggested they become a whore or sell drugs. Yep, and MY ideas are bad for the people. lmao.
I didn't say that. Now you're just hallucinating.
No, no whip needed. The do the work the right way or they don't work. Its quite simple. And considering the number of serious injuries and fatalities that have hsitorically been involved when doing trenching & excavation, I have no problem getting rid of people who cannot follow safety protocols.
Wow. You're really on the straight talk express.
I never said it negated anything. But one can only judge a company by its history and record. Everything else is just a generalization and wild speculation.
Ok. But you brought up your experience as if it somehow meant something. Nobody asked you about that shit.
And no one in ANY of the 100+ companies that make up the corporation I work for is purposefully driving people into poverty and despair . In fact, since the country is better off if the people have money to spend, very few companies are doing that.
They just desire a more desperate workforce. That's all.
What they are NOT doing is continuing to do business in the same way when that way will send them into bankrupcy. What they are NOT doing is sacrificing the entire company so that some idiot can keep his job for another year before the entire company goes under.

Nor will the people be as complacent in face of corporate abuses for much longer, because we're working for our fucking survival, not our portfolio. Bring it on, fascist.

Back