How Healthy Is John McCain?

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
It was the size of a dime and as thick as a nickel—a discolored blotch on John McCain's left temple. He didn't pay it much mind during the heat of the 2000 Republican primary campaign. But after losing the nomination to George W. Bush, the Arizona Senator found himself with time to spare. So as Bush celebrated victory, McCain headed to the National Naval Medical Center in Bethesda, Md., to have the spot checked out.

Less than three weeks later, McCain endured 5½ hours of surgery to remove a patch of skin including the blemish, roughly 5 cm (2 in.) wide. The diagnosis: Stage 2A melanoma, an invasive form of skin cancer that claims the lives of up to 34% of those diagnosed within 10 years. Doctors also made an incision down his left cheek to remove lymph nodes in his neck in case the cancer had spread; they found it had not. The surgery left a large scar, and for weeks McCain retreated from public view to recover.

http://www.time.com/time/printout/0,8816,1779596,00.html

Why wait weeks? Seems to me a decent chance he is healthy enough to get the job done. But it will make the VP choice more important.

Why wait weeks? Seems to me a decent chance he is healthy enough to get the job done. But it will make the VP choice more important.
Probably to get a more recent medical exam, and because there are months and months between now and election time. Waiting a couple weeks won't hurt.

Looking at the picture in your avatar .. I wonder if either of them had a hard-on while they were cuddling?

But what if he's already chosen a running mate?

They might go with that running mate. After the convention, if one of them dies the party will have to make some tough decisions. If there is time, they would quickly have a new convention.

They might go with that running mate. After the convention, if one of them dies the party will have to make some tough decisions. If there is time, they would quickly have a new convention.
Nah, there is a vacancy committee that would fill the vacancy. His running mate would get the top spot the vacancy committee would approve that person's choice for VP.

All of this is speculation though. McCain is going to be fine.

It would all seem to be much ado about nothing given that republicans don't have a prayer in this election.

Nah, there is a vacancy committee that would fill the vacancy. His running mate would get the top spot the vacancy committee would approve that person's choice for VP.

All of this is speculation though. McCain is going to be fine.

cool

I think that considering how Republicans are doing in elections, they could still go with McCain even if he dies before the election. I can see them pulling a Weekend at Bernie’s type of thing, and frankly, I doubt anyone would notice.

I think that considering how Republicans are doing in elections, they could still go with McCain even if he dies before the election. I can see them pulling a Weekend at Bernie’s type of thing, and frankly, I doubt anyone would notice.

:):):)

That was seriously funny.

I think the guy found this cancer early. He had the best treatment available...(government run healthcare). And he has had good reports thus far. No reason to believe he is at deaths door.

His chances are MUCH better than they gave my father. They pretty much told him he would be lucky to make it a year. 87% are dead with the type he had within a year. Dad died 10 months later.

Back