How many times have you changed someones mind?

What's funny is that most gun collecters I've ever known of are into collecting classic guns. You like all of the new stuff, as well (well, you like to practice with them - most classics are also antique and not intended for use).

What's funny is that most gun collecters I've ever known of are into collecting classic guns. You like all of the new stuff, as well (well, you like to practice with them - most classics are also antique and not intended for use).

I have a ton of military surplus guns. I dabble in both areas pretty deep.

My mind was changed at least once. When I started posting on political forums, I believed most conservatives were reasonable people. Now I think 90% of them are raving lunatics.

He owns a Holland & Holland. That is far from new or high tech.

I was warned when I first arrived to be wary of you, because you were a "ringer".....instead I found you were a poser......you're so frightened of me you have to ridicule my name in every post just to maintain your inner equilibrium......

You were warned that Mott was a ringer? I wonder what that means exactly, in this context.

I wonder who sends the warnings?

My mind was changed at least once. When I started posting on political forums, I believed most conservatives were reasonable people. Now I think 90% of them are raving lunatics.

True. When I first started on the bush board I was a real pollyanna. Always insisting on being nice to conservatives and that others should be nice to them too. If that Anglscarlett joined here today, I'd be like, shut up scarlett nobody wants to hear your country girl horseshit.

Be honest... in every discussion you've ever had on these boards, how often have you changed someone elses mind on a particular issue?

What would you say the ratio is between one party being in a different place before the discussion took place?

And if the times you've changed someones mind pales in comparison to all the times that zero progress was made, can we really say we are posting for others? or are we posting for ourselves? is this just one gigantic big ego stroke?

The internets are the NEW town hall.

I dont expect ANYONE here Im talking to to change their minds.

what so many fail to see about these internets is there are people READING who never post.

Those are the people I post for.

They are the ones trying to figure this whole mess out and look at what the debators say about the issues.

when I post I post so that the LIES dont stand unchallenged.

The lies must be outed for the lies they are.

Facts kill them dead

You were warned that Mott was a ringer? I wonder what that means exactly, in this context.

I wonder who sends the warnings?

it was an open post in a thread shortly after I arrived......I don't care to waste my time looking it up, but you are free to.......

True. When I first started on the bush board I was a real pollyanna. Always insisting on being nice to conservatives and that others should be nice to them too. If that Anglscarlett joined here today, I'd be like, shut up scarlett nobody wants to hear your country girl horseshit.

Maybe you should listen to her. :D

The internets are the NEW town hall.

I dont expect ANYONE here Im talking to to change their minds.

what so many fail to see about these internets is there are people READING who never post.

Those are the people I post for.

They are the ones trying to figure this whole mess out and look at what the debators say about the issues.

when I post I post so that the LIES dont stand unchallenged.

The lies must be outed for the lies they are.

Facts kill them dead

So you want the people who just read these boards, to see what a loony-bin you are?

I haven't changed a mind on this board, I did on the creation & evolution board.

I have had my mind changed on the RBB, on NAFTA

It took you 2 ten or fifteen years while others got it right the first time.....?....really ?

No, it didn't take us 10 to 15 years, and you haven't gotten anything right, yet. You don't even understand many issues. Let alone get them right.

I like to think that although I'm not convincing the person I'm debating with to see the other side, I could be convincing a bot. :)

Back