How the Jews invented God and Made Him Great

Most religious types (like ISIS or the guys that ran the Inquisition) claim their 'God' is Lord.
... and if you don't believe them ... they will kill you.

So, myself and others are a little wary of people that claim their particular deity is 'Lord'.

Pretty obvious you don't know much about the Bible or anything else.

and yet, I have shown everything you've said about the Bible is a lie......you have NEVER backed up any of your claims about copying ancient poetry with actual text.....your lies are totally transparent.....

archeologists discovered idols.......lying atheists claim she was the consort of YHWH......worthless piece of shit......

No adult should be as stupid as you.

Asherah is identified as the queen consort of the Sumerian god Anu, and Ugaritic El, the oldest deities of their respective pantheons, as well as Yahweh, the god of Israel and Judah.

This role gave her a similarly high rank in the Ugaritic pantheon. Despite her association with Yahweh in extra-biblical sources, Deuteronomy 12 has Yahweh commanding the destruction of her shrines so as to maintain purity of his worship.

Asherah is identified as the queen consort of the Sumerian god Anu, and Ugaritic El, the oldest deities of their respective pantheons, as well as Yahweh, the god of Israel and Judah.

only dishonest atheists posing as biblical scholars have identified Asherah as the consort of YHWH......there is nothing in the Bible or any historical documents that do so.........

This role gave her a similarly high rank in the Ugaritic pantheon.

you mean added her to the list of fake gods.....

Deuteronomy 12 has Yahweh commanding the destruction of her shrines so as to maintain purity of his worship.

and did it say destroy my wife's shrines?........

actually, here's the passage from Deut 12.......she isn't even mentioned.....
https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=Deuteronomy+12&version=KJV
2 Ye shall utterly destroy all the places, wherein the nations which ye shall possess served their gods, upon the high mountains, and upon the hills, and under every green tree:

3 And ye shall overthrow their altars, and break their pillars, and burn their groves with fire; and ye shall hew down the graven images of their gods, and destroy the names of them out of that place.
why are you incapable of telling the truth?......

Last edited:
only dishonest atheists posing as biblical scholars have identified Asherah as the consort of YHWH......there is nothing in the Bible or any historical documents that do so.........

you mean added her to the list of fake gods.....

and did it say destroy my wife's shrines?........

References to the Goddess:

Her "image" is mentioned in the Old Testament (1 Kings 15:13; 2 Kings 21:7; 2 Chronicles 15:16), as well as her "prophets" (1 Kings 18:19) and the vessels used in her service (2 Kings 23:4). In Assyria the name appears under the two forms of Asratu and Asirtu; it was to Asratu that a monument found near Diarbekir was dedicated on behalf of Khammu-rabi (Amraphel) "king of the Amorites," and the Amorite king of whom we hear so much in Tell el-Amarna Letters bears the name indifferently of EbedAsrati and Ebed-Asirti.

It was as a trunk, however, that it was forbidden to be erected by the side of "the altar of Yahweh" (Deuteronomy 16:21; see Judges 6:25,28,30; 2 Kings 23:6).

Accordingly the symbol made for Asherah by his mother was "cut down" by Asa (1 Kings 15:13). So, too, we hear of Asherim or symbols of the goddess being set up on the high places under the shade of a green tree (Jeremiah 17:2; see 2 Kings 17:10).

Manasseh introduced one into the temple at Jerusalem (2 Kings 21:3,7).

Asherah is closely connected with ASHTORETH and her worship, ( Judges 3:7 ) comp. Judg 2:3; 6:25; 1Kin 18:19 Ashtoreth being, perhaps, the proper name of the goddess, whilst Asherah is the name of her image or symbol, which was of wood. See ( Judges 6:25-30 ; 2 Kings 23:14 )

References to the Goddess:

Her "image" is mentioned in the Old Testament (1 Kings 15:13; 2 Kings 21:7; 2 Chronicles 15:16), as well as her "prophets" (1 Kings 18:19) and the vessels used in her service (2 Kings 23:4). In Assyria the name appears under the two forms of Asratu and Asirtu; it was to Asratu that a monument found near Diarbekir was dedicated on behalf of Khammu-rabi (Amraphel) "king of the Amorites," and the Amorite king of whom we hear so much in Tell el-Amarna Letters bears the name indifferently of EbedAsrati and Ebed-Asirti.

no one is arguing that there were pagans worshiping Ashera.......your claim is that she was the consort of YHWH........none of those verses say such a thing.....why are you incapable of telling the truth........

It was as a trunk, however, that it was forbidden to be erected by the side of "the altar of Yahweh" (Deuteronomy 16:21; see Judges 6:25,28,30; 2 Kings 23:6).

Accordingly the symbol made for Asherah by his mother was "cut down" by Asa (1 Kings 15:13). So, too, we hear of Asherim or symbols of the goddess being set up on the high places under the shade of a green tree (Jeremiah 17:2; see 2 Kings 17:10).

Manasseh introduced one into the temple at Jerusalem (2 Kings 21:3,7).

Asherah is closely connected with ASHTORETH and her worship, ( Judges 3:7 ) comp. Judg 2:3; 6:25; 1Kin 18:19 Ashtoreth being, perhaps, the proper name of the goddess, whilst Asherah is the name of her image or symbol, which was of wood. See ( Judges 6:25-30 ; 2 Kings 23:14 )

quote the one that says she was the consort of YHWH........

think of man as only having a verbal history ( most of mankinds time)

they end up loving and missing certain members of their tribe because when they passed all that knowledge was now gone.

they imagine that person not really gone but living up in the mountains with the mist or some such comforting idea.

then after a couple of generations of verbal history that whole memory is a myth

they become a god

then there are just to many gods to keep track of at some point

someone ends up squishing all the stories together

that is why humans imagine a human like god in the end

without a written language its hard to pass on knowledge with any accuracy

religion is all old pre written language myths

quote the one that says she was the consort of YHWH........

The Book of Jeremiah, written circa 628 BC, refers to Asherah when it uses the title "Queen of Heaven" in Jeremiah 7:16-18 and Jeremiah 44:17-19, 25.

There are references to the worship of numerous gods throughout Kings: Solomon builds temples to many gods and Josiah is reported as cutting down the statues of Asherah in the temple Solomon built for Yahweh (2 Kings 23:14). Josiah's grandfather Manasseh had erected one such statue (2 Kings 21:7

The Book of Jeremiah, written circa 628 BC, refers to Asherah when it uses the title "Queen of Heaven" in Jeremiah 7:16-18 and Jeremiah 44:17-19, 25.

16 “So do not pray for this people nor offer any plea or petition for them; do not plead with me, for I will not listen to you. 17 Do you not see what they are doing in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem? 18 The children gather wood, the fathers light the fire, and the women knead the dough and make cakes to offer to the Queen of Heaven. They pour out drink offerings to other gods to arouse my anger. 19 But am I the one they are provoking? declares the Lord. Are they not rather harming themselves, to their own shame?

YHWH condemning false worship?.........are you claiming this is God acknowledging that Asherah WAS the queen of heaven........he was condemning Israel for the worship of false gods.......

iike you, Israel chose to pretend Asherah really was the queen of heaven....Jer 44
15 Then all the men who knew that their wives were burning incense to other gods, along with all the women who were present—a large assembly—and all the people living in Lower and Upper Egypt, said to Jeremiah, 16 “We will not listen to the message you have spoken to us in the name of the Lord! 17 We will certainly do everything we said we would: We will burn incense to the Queen of Heaven and will pour out drink offerings to her just as we and our ancestors, our kings and our officials did in the towns of Judah and in the streets of Jerusalem. At that time we had plenty of food and were well off and suffered no harm. 18 But ever since we stopped burning incense to the Queen of Heaven and pouring out drink offerings to her, we have had nothing and have been perishing by sword and famine.”
what did God do to Israel for its disobedience?.....
Jeremiah 44
29 “‘This will be the sign to you that I will punish you in this place,’ declares the Lord, ‘so that you will know that my threats of harm against you will surely stand.’ 30 This is what the Lord says: ‘I am going to deliver Pharaoh Hophra king of Egypt into the hands of his enemies who want to kill him, just as I gave Zedekiah king of Judah into the hands of Nebuchadnezzar king of Babylon, the enemy who wanted to kill him.’”

Back