Hucklebee

cawacko

I am not a big fan of Hucklebee's but I did watch a couple minutes of last night's Republican debate and really liked his answer to 'who would Ronald Reagan endorse?' He referenced Reagan sticking to his principles, giving people hope, talking about the greatness of America and bringing people together.

From that the term Reagan Democrat came about. Since Reagan there have been no Bush Democrats or Clinton Republicans. I think that was part of what Obama was referencing when he made mention to Reagan. And I think Obama may have that ability to transcend and bring people together.

'who would Ronald Reagan endorse'

It boggles my mind how you repugnicans hold Regan to the status of Jesus.

Best president in my lifetime. I don't hold him "to the status of Jesus" but if her were to rise from the dead I would vote for him......again. :) I am the quintessential Reagan democrat.

Best president in my lifetime. I don't hold him "to the status of Jesus" but if her were to rise from the dead I would vote for him......again. :) I am the quintessential Reagan Republican.

You misspelled a word so I helped you out. I’m not going to entertain your nonsense the way other liberals do. Anyone who plans to vote for John McCain over Barack Obama is a Republican. Period.

I met Regan once, he was very carismatic. He made me like him, and I was more liberal then than I am now.

You misspelled a word so I helped you out. I’m not going to entertain your nonsense the way other liberals do. Anyone who plans to vote for John McCain over Barack Obama is a Republican. Period.

Big Tent???

You have a very narrow view of what constitutes a democrat.

I met Regan once, he was very carismatic. He made me like him, and I was more liberal then than I am now.

I don't think Reagan as a person was unlikable at all. He & Tip O'Neil were famously friendly, and I do believe he thought he was doing the right thing for the country. He was a believer, which is why conservatives like him.

He just wasn't all that smart, and his policies hurt millions, and we'll be undoing some of the damage from the Reagan years well into my old age....

You will see if Obama wins. People will ask questions like this about him.

Like they did with MLK during the D debates.

i was talking to my aunt last night who follows this stuff religiously. I don't think anyone (who's sane and rational) is happy with what we're going to get. Politics are ugly.

I don't think Reagan as a person was unlikable at all. He & Tip O'Neil were famously friendly, and I do believe he thought he was doing the right thing for the country. He was a believer, which is why conservatives like him.

He just wasn't all that smart, and his policies hurt millions, and we'll be undoing some of the damage from the Reagan years well into my old age....

One thing people liked about him was his simple view of the world. I am reaing Allen Greenspan's new book where he discusses this element of Reagan.

Big Tent???

You have a very narrow view of what constitutes a democrat.

Well normally democrats vote for democrats every once in a while. I guess by your criteria I can call myself “Leaning left” and claim that I am mostly a republican.

and can the "at the local level" crap. Who cares?

One thing people liked about him was his simple view of the world. I am reaing Allen Greenspan's new book where he discusses this element of Reagan.

They definitely like that about Bush, too.

I'll never understand the appeal of the "regular guy" as President. I know that psychologically, people don't want to feel intimidated by someone else's intelligence, but we're talking leader of the free world here.

When searching for a brain surgeon, my 1st thought isn't someone I'd like to have over for a barbeque....

Well normally democrats vote for democrats every once in a while. I guess by your criteria I can call myself “Leaning left” and claim that I am mostly a republican.

and can the "at the local level" crap. Who cares?

The break down of where my votes go probably falls into the range of 70% democrats and 30% republicans. I am not a yellow dog but I am a democrat.

And "who cares" about the local level? What the goobers in OKC decide affects me a great deal more than what the goobers in Washington DC decide. So yes, I care about local level politics.

You will see if Obama wins. People will ask questions like this about him.

Like they did with MLK during the D debates.

The irony in RR being praised like he was the second coming of politics is that he waged a war on the poor. I'd say he was pretty much the opposite of Jesus in that respect.

I'll never understand the appeal of the "regular guy" as President. I know that psychologically, people don't want to feel intimidated by someone else's intelligence, but we're talking leader of the free world here.

When searching for a brain surgeon, my 1st thought isn't someone I'd like to have over for a barbeque....

LOL. Damn Dr. Carson with his nobel prizes and international acclaim. I'm going with Dr. Smith because he seems like he'd be fun to have a beer with.

That about sums up Republicans.

The break down of where my votes go probably falls into the range of 70% democrats and 30% republicans. I am not a yellow dog but I am a democrat.

And "who cares" about the local level? What the goobers in OKC decide affects me a great deal more than what the goobers in Washington DC decide. So yes, I care about local level politics.

Well, as long as it's all about you, then I guess you're doing ok.

There is an element of our society that is not comfortable with someone who they preceve as smarter than them. Many who think they are plenty smart to be president, and they dont want someone smarter than them doing it.

It's interesting you say that Jarod. I have a friend that's a life long Republican and was not a fan of Clinton. Through someone else my friend met with Clinton for three hours alone while he was President (it was over farming issues in California). After the meeting my friend came out raving about Clinton. (Funny aside he said Clinton spoke for about 2:50 minutes of the three hour meeting.) Clinton, like Reagan, was so charasmatic that they could make you like them when meeting them even if you disagreed with their views or policies.

Remember now that Regan was first a Demoncrat and defended actual communists.
He became a Republican after marrying Nancy.

Back