Huckleberry takes another state!

Look. i'm an Englishman and even i know he's going nowhere near the Whitehouse.

Are there a surfeit of mentals in some American States? Yes.

Is the Huckster a threat? No.

He won't win the nomination. He needs 84% of the remaining delegates to get the necessary delegation to get the nomination. McCain only needs 40%. It is impossible mathematically unless the entire nation went on vacation and only the Ds were voting in R Primaries for Huckabee to get the nomination.

He won't win the nomination. He needs 84% of the remaining delegates to get the necessary delegation to get the nomination. McCain only needs 40%. It is impossible mathematically unless the entire nation went on vacation and only the Ds were voting in R Primaries for Huckabee to get the nomination.

Everything in the world is the fault of Democrats.

Nevermind that fact that the moderate independents and Dems that Republicans have been complaining about 'corrupting' the process have almost universally voted for McCain.

Everything in the world is the fault of Democrats.

Nevermind that fact that the moderate independents and Dems that Republicans have been complaining about 'corrupting' the process have almost universally voted for McCain.
What part of that post says that it is the Ds fault?

I said that the only way that he could win is if all the Rs went on vacation... so forth.

McCain has this deal sealed and Huckabee is just attempting to play the spoiler, he looks petty and sad and can only make it more difficult for McCain in the General. Any idea that he would be VP is gone now.

I have never suggested that he was going to win the nomnation. You all know that, so pretend all you want. I am saying it is scary that many people will vote for him. It is scary that the majority of Republican voters in those states will vote for someone who is so fundamentally unAmerican.

Huckabee is just being a giant douchebag. Romney dropped out and had a hell of a better chance of getting it than Huckabee.

I have never suggested that he was going to win the nomnation. You all know that, so pretend all you want. I am saying it is scary that many people will vote for him. It is scary that the majority of Republican voters in those states will vote for someone who is so fundamentally unAmerican.

What about him is un-American? I get so sick of bullshit like that.

Because he wants to change the Constitution (legally) to reflect his religious conviction? That isn't fucking un-American. It might not be what I want, it might not be what you want, but he hasn't suggested anything illegal and it is his fucking right to believe in whatever the hell he wants so long as it follows the laws of our country.

And that is about as American as you can get.

Huckabee is just being a giant douchebag. Romney dropped out and had a hell of a better chance of getting it than Huckabee.

True.. THese idiots keep trying to claim I think he has a chance of winnning. I do not! I think it is scary he can win a primary!

The longer he stays, the more he ensures there is no VP slot for him in the future. He's a douchebag.

What about him is un-American? I get so sick of bullshit like that.

Because he wants to change the Constitution (legally) to reflect his religious conviction? That isn't fucking un-American. It might not be what I want, it might not be what you want, but he hasn't suggested anything illegal and it is his fucking right to believe in whatever the hell he wants so long as it follows the laws of our country.

And that is about as American as you can get.

Damo you want to take this one, I have to run to the park with the kids... Or Ill respond later.

Damo you want to take this one, I have to run to the park with the kids... Or Ill respond later.
You'll have to respond later. I don't think it is "unamerican" to suggest changes, following the procedure, to the constitution. If he advocated violent overthrow I would agree.

I think it is irresponsible to use wedge issues on stuff he'll never deliver, and he knows he won't, to get the uber-religious to vote for him. But I don't see it as "unamerican". Just weak. If he had a strong position he wouldn't be using that wedge.

The likelihood of passing the amendments he wishes is zero. Therefore unrealistic promises... People who vote for him because of those unrealistic promises are not the voters I want to select the President anyway.

Well, I do not believe suggesting changing the constitution legally (typo corrected) is necessarly unamerican. I do believe suggesting it be changed to reflect "God's" law is!

Some of the founders came here because they wanted religen out of government, and they made sure our founding documents reflected that. Huckleberry wants to change that and I believe such a change would be UNAMERICAN.

The most basic and fundamental element of what it means to be an American is FREEDOM, and if we start allowing laws to be passed, merely because they are consistant with what one group or another believes to be what "God" wants then we loose one of the most basic and elemental aspects of FREEDOM.

Last edited:
Well, I do not believe suggesting changing the constitution ilegally is necessarly unamerican. I do believe suggesting it be changed to reflect "God's" law is!

Some of the founders came here because they wanted religen out of government, and they made sure our founding documents reflected that. Huckleberry wants to change that and I believe such a change would be UNAMERICAN.

The most basic and fundamental element of what it means to be an American is FREEDOM, and if we start allowing laws to be passed, merely because they are consistant with what one group or another believes to be what "God" wants then we loose one of the most basic and elemental aspects of FREEDOM.
It would not be. Changing it illegally would be unamerican, changing it following the procedures proscribed in the document itself is still following the constitution.

Again, it wouldn't be something many would like (hence the fact that there is no way 2/3 of the Senate and 3/4 of the states are going to agree), but it is very American to follow the constitution, even while doing something unpopular.

It would not be. Changing it illegally would be unamerican, changing it following the procedures proscribed in the document itself is still following the constitution.

Again, it wouldn't be something many would like (hence the fact that there is no way 2/3 of the Senate and 3/4 of the states are going to agree), but it is very American to follow the constitution, even while doing something unpopular.

Sorry my mispelling and typo made it read incorrectly. I have no problem with suggestions to change the constitution legally, in general.

I have problems with the proposal he has made substantitivly, I believe those proposals are UNAMERICAN, see above.

Back