Huckleberry takes another state!

It can be a respectable decision. And disrespecting this situation causes single parenthood to be more difficult than it sometimes already is.
Nobody disrespected the situation, they said it shouldn't be glorified as something people should want to do above making a more responsible choice. Those were the shows that Quayle spoke against.

Nobody disrespected the situation, they said it shouldn't be glorified as something people should want to do above making a more responsible choice. Those were the shows that Quayle spoke against.

Oops, I misread your post, I thought you said it was not a respectable decision, I went back and saw you said it was not a responsable decision.

So my point changes, it can be a responsable decision, based on the circumstances. Blanketly saying it is illresponsable is a mistake. AND no shows glorified anything.

So, Damo can single parenthood be a responsable decision?

Should a couple with a high change at creating a downs syndrome baby procreate?

So, Damo can single parenthood be a responsable decision?

Should a couple with a high change at creating a downs syndrome baby procreate?
Does my answer to either of these questions change that Quayle never attacked single parents? Does it change that your fear mongering doesn't cease in this thread no matter which of the candidates you are speaking about?

As for your questions:

I would say personally:

1. No. Not when considering that two parent families consistently are shown to be better for the child.

2. No. I personally would not have had children if I had a high chance of creating Down's Syndrome kids.

I would also say it shouldn't be against the law, but it also shouldn't be glorified and promoted as a powerful good for society.

Does my answer to either of these questions change that Quayle never attacked single parents? Does it change that your fear mongering doesn't cease in this thread no matter which of the candidates you are speaking about?

As for your questions:

I would say personally:

1. No. Not when considering that two parent families consistently are shown to be better for the child.

2. No. I personally would not have had children if I had a high chance of creating Down's Syndrome kids.

I would also say it shouldn't be against the law, but it also shouldn't be glorified and promoted as a powerful good for society.

Objectivly, you dont belive that there are situations where individuals can responsably raise children in a single parent household?

Objectivly, you dont belive that there are situations where individuals can responsably raise children in a single parent household?

I'll bite.

Objectively, I will say this: It is never better for a single, responsible parent to raise kids than it is for two responsible parents to raise them. Can a good job be done by a single parent? Absolutely. Can a bad job be done by two parents. Of course. But these two outliers are not the norm. Damo has answered everything quite well, including what Quayle got castigated for. What happened to Quayle is just another example of someone grabbing onto a statement and saying it often enough for people to start believing it. You know, kind of like "mushroom clouds over our cities" or like what the swift vets did to Kerry.

That is a different question. You asked whether I think it is responsible to choose that over a more beneficial situation.

That is a different question. You asked whether I think it is responsible to choose that over a more beneficial situation.

It is a different question, I did not say it was not.

No, I said "Can single parenthood be a responsable decision?"

Before I asked, "You dont believe there are situations where single parents can responsably raise children?

My point, is that sometimes single parenthood can be a responsable decision. It is all relative. The television show Quayle was castigating was illistrating one of those situations, and I dont belive there is anythign wrong with that. In fact I belive it is good for culture to illistrate that all kinds of families can be good families.

It is a different question, I did not say it was not.

No, I said "Can single parenthood be a responsable decision?"

Before I asked, "You dont believe there are situations where single parents can responsably raise children?

My point, is that sometimes single parenthood can be a responsable decision. It is all relative. The television show Quayle was castigating was illistrating one of those situations, and I dont belive there is anythign wrong with that. In fact I belive it is good for culture to illistrate that all kinds of families can be good families.

Yet, you still dont answer!!!

Back