I agree with Bob Dole, but...

Jarod

Contributor
I agree with Bob Dole, but that does not mean McClellen was lying. It is still evidence of Bush's terrable behavyor and that He had a bunch of yes men working for him!

Note that Bob Dole does not say McClellen was lying!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0508/Bob_Dole_unloads_on_McClellan.html

"There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don’t have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues," Dole wrote in a message sent yesterday morning. "No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique."

"because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job"

Last edited:
Shesssh!

I agree with Bob Dole, but that does not mean McClellen was lying. It is still evidence of Bush's terrable behavyor and that He had a bunch of yes men working for him!

http://www.politico.com/blogs/jonathanmartin/0508/Bob_Dole_unloads_on_McClellan.html

"There are miserable creatures like you in every administration who don’t have the guts to speak up or quit if there are disagreements with the boss or colleagues," Dole wrote in a message sent yesterday morning. "No, your type soaks up the benefits of power, revels in the limelight for years, then quits, and spurred on by greed, cashes in with a scathing critique."

"because if all these awful things were happening, and perhaps some may have been, you should have spoken up publicly like a man, or quit your cushy, high profile job"

Get a clue already...Scott hit the unemployment rolls and did a book deal to pay the bills...this does not translate to being a true biography...these are boring...he did what all politicals do...go for the shock and awe...simple really!

Can't argue with that.

McClellen has behaved exactly as I would expect a member of the Bush White House to behave. Except the part about him telling the truth.

When the guy saw this shit happening, he should have resigned and then he should have gone to the media.

McClellen has behaved exactly as I would expect a member of the Bush White House to behave. Except the part about him telling the truth.

When the guy saw this shit happening, he should have resigned and then he should have gone to the media.

Yep, but Bush only wants yes men with him. That has been obvious and is the general neocon mentality. You are either with us or the enemy.

Golly Gee...............

He's right, and lots of others agree with him, too. I'm pleased that he's been so forthright and candid about his opinion, and so publicly.

and this is exactly what vets have been saying all along...note: Bob Dole is a decorated vet oldies dude WWII...and a honest representative in government for many decades...he does exhibit what some have lost over the decades...it is called loyalty and integrity...damn the political partisanship ...John Kerry was the start to the latest hypocrisy...finally some of you are seeing thru the forrest regardless of the obstruction of the trees!

and this is exactly what vets have been saying all along...note: Bob Dole is a decorated vet oldies dude WWII...and a honest representative in government for many decades...he does exhibit what some have lost over the decades...it is called loyalty and integrity...damn the political partisanship ...John Kerry was the start to the latest hypocrisy...finally some of you are seeing thru the forrest regardless of the obstruction of the trees!

How is John Kerry involved in this... we are talking about the Bush Administration.

Wake up and smell the coffee or bacon!

How is John Kerry involved in this... we are talking about the Bush Administration.

This is exactly what John Kerry did...he claims atrocities were taking place in VN during his tour of duty...but damn if he did not mention them until after he was separated from military service...albeit he did involve himself in some of these atrocities...'shooting a 17 year old Viet Cong in the back' etc...
We are talking about all politicals...you mentioned the GW administration I countered with your parties selected one and his BS also!...Fair is Fair!

This is exactly what John Kerry did...he claims atrocities were taking place in VN during his tour of duty...but damn if he did not mention them until after he was separated from military service...albeit he did involve himself in some of these atrocities...'shooting a 17 year old Viet Cong in the back' etc...
We are talking about all politicals...you mentioned the GW administration I countered with your parties selected one and his BS also!...Fair is Fair!

Totally different, you are not allowed to quit the Military because you dont like the atrocities going on, you will be court marshled.

Ooops I forgot I dont respond to you, as you dont play fair.

Boy counselor you are dense.............

Totally different, you are not allowed to quit the Military because you dont like the atrocities going on, you will be court marshled.

Ooops I forgot I dont respond to you, as you dont play fair.

John Kerry did not have to quit the military to file a report on what he saw...he chose not to because he was involved...are you getting the drift yet? ask any vet in this forum if he would have been court martialed for stating the truth...albeit it might have convicted this traitor...as he was the abuser not those he accused!

I love how Bob Dole, a pretty big deal in the Republican party, can admit that Bush was likely doing these things and it no longer even raises an eyebrow...!

And....

I love how Bob Dole, a pretty big deal in the Republican party, can admit that Bush was likely doing these things and it no longer even raises an eyebrow...!

where pray tell did he say that...I read your posted link...he did bash Scott pretty bad...did you see more than was written?

BB is right. Soldiers have it drilled into their brains that war crimes or violations of the genvea convention or any other crimes that are witnessed can be reported. If you chain of command is involved you can go to the inspector general. There is NO excuse for committing crimes in uniform, you can refuse illegal orders and when you do make sure you are locked and loaded so you can get the drop on the guy giving the illegal orders when he threatens to shoot you for not carrying them out. It is not always easy to do the right thing but it is always right.

Dole avoided saying that the allegaitions were false.

Just attacked the messenger.

and why did Bob not speak up ?

Last edited:
Back