I Can Always Tell

Cancel7

Banned
See? I knew it. I can just tell.

ABC News is reporting that John Edwards, the former Senator from North Carolina and presidential candidate, “repeatedly lied during his Presidential campaign about an extramarital affair with a novice film-maker.”
ABC says that in an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Mr. Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with the woman, Rielle Hunter, but did not father her child, as has been reported by the National Enquirer.
Mr. Edwards told ABC that his wife, Elizabeth, and others in his family became aware of the affair in 2006. The network said that Mr. Edwards “made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife’s cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter.”
http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/...s-admits-to-extramarital-affair/index.html?hp

"The network said that Mr. Edwards “made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife’s cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter.”

ROFLMAO.... well at least she was going through remission at the time. :)

Where's Cypress on this one to tell us how we should have nominated a "real progressive like Edwards" if we wanted to win.

Where's Cypress on this one to tell us how we should have nominated a "real progressive like Edwards" if we wanted to win.

Well, I don’t see how it’s Cypress’ fault that Edwards was screwing someone, and knocked her up. His political policies, were progressive, if we must use that term.

But, obviously, if he had been the nominee, Democrats would have lost. It’s infuriating that he even ran.

Well, I don’t see how it’s Cypress’ fault that Edwards was screwing someone, and knocked her up. His political policies, were progressive, if we must use that term.

But, obviously, if he had been the nominee, Democrats would have lost. It’s infuriating that he even ran.

That's what I was trying to figure out.

Why the fuck would he run? There was no way that could stay under wraps until November.

That's what I was trying to figure out.

Why the fuck would he run? There was no way that could stay under wraps until November.

That's probably why he dropped out. This story originally came out in the spring, in a smaller venue.

in 2006, misconduct took place between john edwards and rheele who is 42 of ages and preiviously had a child, however john edwards denies fathering child, in the course of seven campagins edwards have been coming complety narcissictict, and has embarssed his party and the american people will never forgive him. i think john edwards is a total fraud. its a cult of personality, we feed into it, and to the detriment of policts because guys like edwards think their begger than life

Good post, Darla.

Craziest part of this story:

ABC says that in an interview for broadcast tonight on Nightline, Mr. Edwards told ABC News correspondent Bob Woodruff he did have an affair with the woman, Rielle Hunter, but did not father her child, as has been reported by the National Enquirer. Mr. Edwards told ABC that his wife, Elizabeth, and others in his family became aware of the affair in 2006. The network said that Mr. Edwards “made a point of telling Woodruff that his wife’s cancer was in remission when he began the affair with Hunter.”

Yeah real fucking important detail there, John. Make sure you say that. That's really something you want to call attention to. Now it'll definitely be okay.

If Edwards had good ideas and were able to lead us better than the pair we have to choose from now (and I would have preferred him), I don't care if he nailed the entire Dallas Cowboys cheerleading squad. That is the least of my worries.

In fact, I don't care if he nailed the entire Dallas Cowboys footballs team.

Considering the shit this nation is facing, fucking some willing film maker is not a huge issue for me.

If his wife and he can make peace with this, then its not our job to judge him.

If he can do the job, then have him do his job and lets quit worrying about the pity bullshit of who is sleeping with who.

Last edited:

This has nothing to do with him being a Liberal. This is about him being an @sshole.

Okay, I totally disown Edwards. The mofo was an ass for deciding to run for prez and asking for money from me, full well knowing that he would be unelectable as soon as this came out. That pisses me off.

I always thought Elizabeth Edwards was kind of hot, very awesome, and very smart. It totally sucks that he did that to her. Maybe I'll have a chance with Elizabeth Edwards now? just kidding.

That said, I ain't going to listen to any lectures from McCain supporters, or any of those repukes that held up those "Morality Matters!" banners at the 2000 GOP convention. McCain, Newt Gingrich, Rudy Guilliani and a lot of the other GOP heavyweights are serial adulterers and liars.

Adios and Dasveedanya.

It's true that some of our best Presidents had affairs. And it's true we have much bigger problems. Edwards might still have made an excellent president...but I doubt it. He behaved very recklessly. Whatever made him think that he could get away with this and run for President at the same time, whatever quality you have to have to believe that, is not a good one, and it would have reared its head again.

The other thing is, I'm so sick of hearing men say, "it's between him and his wife, if she forgives him...' Shut up. She's dying. She has young kids. Just shut up. She, like many women in that position, really has no choice.

And seriously, just keep it in your freaking pants.

It's true that some of our best Presidents had affairs. And it's true we have much bigger problems. Edwards might still have made an excellent president...but I doubt it. He behaved very recklessly. Whatever made him think that he could get away with this and run for President at the same time, whatever quality you have to have to believe that, is not a good one, and it would have reared its head again.

The other thing is, I'm so sick of hearing men say, "it's between him and his wife, if she forgives him...' Shut up. She's dying. She has young kids. Just shut up. She, like many women in that position, really has no choice.

I am not saying that what he did was right. What I am saying is that this is the least of the issues that should concern us.

Unless we were in that house and in that relationship, we really have no idea what was or wasn't done.

I just think this whole concept of judging politicians solely on whether they had an affair is ridiculous.

And sorry, shutting up just isn't in my nature.

Eddwards is a terrible presidential candidate because we should all just shut up. Alright.

Cypress gizzed everytime Edwards was on tv.
I knew the fucker was a phoney when he flew into Nawlins to take a photo opt with some Katrina victims while holding a shove. I flew out without even getting his hands dirty.

Cypress gizzed everytime Edwards was on tv.
I knew the fucker was a phoney when he flew into Nawlins to take a photo opt with some Katrina victims while holding a shove. I flew out without even getting his hands dirty.

I'm not parading this announcement as an I told you so, but I've always thought Edwards was an enormous phoney in a way that the others weren't. I've thought that since '04.

I didn't have any particularly compelling evidence though, just a gut feeling. It was always the little things like you said Top with the Katrina photo op.

Back