I can handle obama's cap gains tax increases.

Chapdog

Abreast of the situations
Who cares if its 20% instead of 15% when im making 300% on my solar stocks thanks to govt subsidies.

Obama is vowing to spend $150 billion over the next 10 years to establish a "green energy sector" to develop solar, wind and biodiesel technologies.

its great for this country. Id much rather have my tax dollars going to alternative energy development then dirty blood oil preservation.

Who cares if its 20% instead of 15% when im making 300% on my solar stocks thanks to govt subsidies.

Obama is vowing to spend $150 billion over the next 10 years to establish a "green energy sector" to develop solar, wind and biodiesel technologies.

How do you figure out which particular companies to invest in, in this field though?

Wasnt Chapdog just bitching about Obama's tax the rich plan last week? and how it was making him scared....

CK

How do you figure out which particular companies to invest in, in this field though?

well im in ENER that your boyfriend top talks about all the time. been in it since 28. today its up 13% to 75 a share and rising. ENER is michigan based with pelosi ties.. wink wink.

The other one i like is ESLR a $10 cheap stock right up road from me in MA. some ties with duval pattrick and on the receiving end of his state initiative to make MA a premier alternative energy state.

I like solar best personally but I am shopping for a good wind stock. not a big fan of the biodiesel.

well im in ENER that your boyfriend top talks about all the time. been in it since 28. today its up 13% to 75 a share and rising. ENER is michigan based with pelosi ties.. wink wink.

The other one i like is ESLR a $10 cheap stock right up road from me in MA. some ties with duval pattrick and on the receiving end of his state initiative to make MA a premier alternative energy state.

I like solar best personally but I am shopping for a good wind stock. not a big fan of the biodiesel.

Ok thanks Chap.

rightly so CK if he taxes more and squanders the money. Tax and invest in future is a far cry from tax and spend on crap.
Well that makes me feel a little better about that specific tax. I talked to my dad yesterday. ANd increase in taxes above 250k would directly affect him and he told me that he is still going to vote for Obama and that his income taxes going up is a small price to pay in changing the overall direction this country has taken since Georgie Porgie took over. I mean at this point it will not DIRECTLY affect me but I am always hopefull that one day soon it shall.

What I object to with Obama's capital gains tax plans is it treats all capital gains as if the recipient were wealthy. Many, many people who are middle income (well below the theoretical 250K line) use investment income as a supplement - especially retired people. A lot of retired people have modest investment portfolios that supplement their SS income, and pension (if any) boosting them from lower middle income to middle income. Obama wants to increase the taxes on these modest income supplements by over 30%. We're talking people who have paid their load of taxes their entire working life, only to be demanded more because they had the wisdom to save for their retirement.

My question to Obama, and politicians in general, is why can't investment income be treated the same as other income? It would be far better, and more equitable, if a person were to simply add their investment income to their income from all sources, then calculate the taxes based on the total income of the individual (or couple). If an investment portfolio is that of a wealthy person pulling in several hundred K (or several megabucks) on top of other income, they pay according to that high income bracket. And if a person's investment income is a few thousand, or tens of thousands, supplementing an otherwise modest-to-middle income, then they pay according to the middle income bracket.

The same goes for dividend income.

its great for this country. Id much rather have my tax dollars going to alternative energy development then dirty blood oil preservation.

Investing in oil was great for our country at one time. It was a huge part of the American success story. I'm gonna have a good chuckle when these same Green Saviors become the evil energy barons of the future. As far as making a few bucks off em while you can, it sounds like a reasonable decision but it's so capitalistic, don't ya think ?

What I object to with Obama's capital gains tax plans is it treats all capital gains as if the recipient were wealthy. Many, many people who are middle income (well below the theoretical 250K line) use investment income as a supplement - especially retired people.

Yeah, and 90% of it goes to the rich. Cry to someone else.

Yeah, and 90% of it goes to the rich. Cry to someone else.
You are an idiot practicing to be a moron. It does not matter that most investment income goes to the wealthy.

Most income PERIOD goes to the wealthy. Should we tax your paycheck at the same rate as the paycheck of a major corporate CEO?

I didn't think so.

You are an idiot practicing to be a moron.

You are redundant and practicing to be redundant.

It does not matter that most investment income goes to the wealthy.

Most income PERIOD goes to the wealthy. Should we tax your paycheck at the same rate as the paycheck of a major corporate CEO?

I didn't think so.

Reductio ad absurdum.

Capital gains income should be treated like any other income. It's not goddamn special.

Investors should be taxed at 40%, laborers 10%. It'll make the economy boom.

yah that will definitely make it boom.. as in
csp_hydrogen-bomb.jpg

Back