I can't handle 4 years of Obamaspeak!

Ah. The refrain of Republicans everywhere...

Bush who? Huh? Where am I? How did I get here?

Excellent observation. It's kind of ironic when just about every response I've gotten from Dixie & other Bushies over the past few years when pointing to some glaring incompetence or corruption of the Bush admin is, "Clinton! And.....Clinton!"

Excellent observation. It's kind of ironic when just about every response I've gotten from Dixie & other Bushies over the past few years when pointing to some glaring incompetence or corruption of the Bush admin is, "Clinton! And.....Clinton!"

Well let me just say this... and I mean this with all my heart and soul.... and by soul... I mean, what I find........ most,... uh....mmm....what I find most fundamental ...to me... We can't have.............hope and change.... with this kind of....of....of....attitude. Clearly, we must.... we must.... we must put away the past.... and by that I mean.... we must ....uhm.... not forget the past.... but put it away.... not let it ....uhm.... consume us.... to the point of being.... uhm.... obsessed. And let me just say this.... it is far better for us.... to uhm... uhm.... take the.... take the high ground here.... and by high ground... I mean we should strive to live the example of....of...of.... hope.... and of.... change. We can have our views of the past.... but we mustn't.... uhm.... become everything we ...uhm.... everything we disagree with... for it is far better for us....uhm.... as a nation.... and uhm.... as a party... to uhm.... try and move forward... and by move forward, I mean.... work toward solutions to our problems..... and it's important to....to....to.... do this.... with a focus on....hope.... and change.

...and let me just add, if I may.... I know some of you may be ready for me to shut up... but, this is important.................................................ahemm.................................................. If we truly believe..............in our message...... in our....uhm.... message of hope...........hope and change...........we should be......uhm..uh....willing, and by willing I mean, ready to accept..... living by example. We can never hope to have...............uh...... the change..... and the hope...... if we aren't ready to ....uhm... uhm..... uhm..... ready to move........ forward......... not backward..... We mustn't let ourselves.........get....get..get... caught up in... in... in the hopelessness..... and uhm... uhm.... err... uhm.... non-change of our past......and by past I mean, the past.......president......past administrations.....past elections...... we have too much to....to...to... look forward to in the future.....and it all starts with hope.... and change!

...and let me just add, if I may.... I know some of you may be ready for me to shut up... but, this is important.................................................ahemm.................................................. If we truly believe..............in our message...... in our....uhm.... message of hope...........hope and change...........we should be......uhm..uh....willing, and by willing I mean, ready to accept..... living by example. We can never hope to have...............uh...... the change..... and the hope...... if we aren't ready to ....uhm... uhm..... uhm..... ready to move........ forward......... not backward..... We mustn't let ourselves.........get....get..get... caught up in... in... in the hopelessness..... and uhm... uhm.... err... uhm.... non-change of our past......and by past I mean, the past.......president......past administrations.....past elections...... we have too much to....to...to... look forward to in the future.....and it all starts with hope.... and change!

It's interesting. When you TRY to be funny, you're not.

It's when you're not trying at all that you're truly hilarious.

Tough shit. We had to put up with 8 years of one of the worst and most divisive Presidents in US history. You'll just have to deal with 4 years of some one who is at least competent.

Divisiveness is not a legitimate criticism of a modern president. Afterall, the most divisive president in history was Lincoln, and nowadays pretty much any candidate counts as "divisive." Worst is something you can put forth facts and philosophies about, on the other hand...

Hey Dixie. If you cant stand the thought of four years of Obama in the white house, MOVE. :cof1:

I am actually looking into buying a marina in the Bahamas on Berry Island.

Policy wise, I don't know that an Obama presidency would be much different from a McCain presidency, other than, Obama might cause the bigger war in the middle east.

It's just the plodding way he speaks in interviews, drives me nuts. I like to hear Obama give a speech, he is excellent at that, and McCain always sounds like Lawrence Welk to me. He is actually better speaking off the cuff in an interview. It's odd.

I am actually looking into buying a marina in the Bahamas on Berry Island.

Policy wise, I don't know that an Obama presidency would be much different from a McCain presidency, other than, Obama might cause the bigger war in the middle east.

It's just the plodding way he speaks in interviews, drives me nuts. I like to hear Obama give a speech, he is excellent at that, and McCain always sounds like Lawrence Welk to me. He is actually better speaking off the cuff in an interview. It's odd.

I have to agree. I don't think there would be a great differance between a McCain Presidency and an Obama Presidency. The difference between them and the Bush Presidency would be HUGE!

The problem both will have, as president, will be spending most, if not all, of their first term fixing all of Bush's fuck ups and that just may not be possible in one term. Whoever is elected will have one of the toughest Presidencies in US history (though nothing like Lincoln's) coming after the disaster that has been the Bush presidency.

Some of the mega problems that have either occurred or were caused by the Bush administration they will have to face.

$4/gallon gas, $125/barrel oil.
A tanking home building market and home mortgage crisis
rising inflation
the quagmire of the immoral war in Iraq.
1.5% drop in GDP
3.5 Trillion added to our national debt since 2001
450 billion annual budget deficits
6 million more Americans living in poverty since 2001
8.5 million more Americans with out health insurance since 2001
Health insurance premiums that have doubled in last 7 years.
The cost of college has increased by more than 60% in last 7 years
Consumer credit debt has increased by more than 5 trillion dollars (almost double 2001 levels).
Personal savings rates have dropped by over 3%
The value of the dollar vs the Euro has dropped 37.5% since 2001.
Not a single active duty or reserve brigade is considered combat ready (all were in 2001).
Increased hostility towards Americans abroad.

With the exception of the Health Care crisis all of these have occurred on Bush's watch and he's done nothing to solve them or has made them worse or has been the actual cause of the problem.

Whoever is elected our next President is going to be swamped in dealing with the Bush legacy. W has dug us a mighty big hole.

Also mottley you economic imbicile.
Please put how obama turns each around.
He's going to make college and medicle care cheaper. LOFL

Mott, your problem is, you over-do it. You might be able to make a persuasive argument, if you didn't go so far over the top with the rhetoric. I realize you have hatred and bitterness in your divisive little heart for Bush, but that is no reason to just continue on the incessant rant. Bush is not running for any public office again, it doesn't matter if you nail him to a cross and burn him now. It doesn't convince the first person to vote for your candidate, or accept your point of view on anything, it merely shows what an imbecile you are, and actually causes more people to like Bush, just to piss you off.

"actually causes more people to like Bush, just to piss you off"

You already like Bush.

Who else has decided to like Bush just to piss Mott off?

Obama sounds reasonable he's already compromising on offshore oil, which shows he's willing to listen to the American people.
He's way more articulate than Bush, is that even debatable. He went to Harvard without a daddy pass.

I don't know about the rest of you, but one of the main reasons I hope Obama loses the general election, is the plodding way he speaks in interviews. It is so excruciatingly painful to listen to, and it just drives me crazy! It's like he has to distill and ruminate every word that comes out of his mouth, as if he has a a little tiny 'focus group' inside his head, approving everything that moves past the lips!

Today, I was listening to a sound bite of him, being asked a question about "reparations for slavery" and I honestly didn't have the time to listen to the end of his reply, it simply took longer than my break for him to finish his thought. To paraphrase what he said, and again, I didn't listen to the end, but it went something like this....

Senator Obama? What would you do as president regarding reparations?

Obama: Well let me just say that.... uhhhm.... our country.... and I mean, everyone of every color in our country..... has a lot to..... uhm... has a whole lot to be... to be ashamed of ...and by ashamed, I mean.... uhmmm... we have a lot to be.... uhm.... regretful for.... with regard to ... to ..to.... slavery and the legacy of slavery. We must.... uhm.... we must focus.... and by focus, I mean.... uhmm.... really pay attention ....and concentrate... on...... uhm.... bringing together..... not just blacks and whites.....although that is a big issue..... but people of all color.... and when I say, bring together.... I mean..... uhmmm.... uhmmm... I mean we should.... try..... try to put the.....past... uhm.... behind us..... and move ahead for the future of our country.... and by move ahead, I mean.... uhmm... embrace change.... and foster uhm... hope.

I mean..... I can't uhm.... handle.... and by handle, I mean... uhm... deal with... having to..... uhm...uhm.... listen..... uhm... listen to how he talks.... and by talks, I don't mean his speeches.... he is a pretty good speaker.... but uhm.... the way he has to..... has to.... uhm.... break everything down.... and by, break everything down, I mean..... uhm.... dissect it into little segments... where everything is then ...uhm..... uhm.... sub-analyzed.... and ...uhm.... carefully worded to.... to... to.... to get the optimal meaning and ....uhm essence.... of... the essence of..... fuck, I forgot what the hell I was saying!

I can't deal with 4 years of this! :eek:

DEAL WITH IT!

DEAL WITH IT!

I am! But I must say, a year and a half into this, and America is realizing what a blundering mistake it was to elect the man. I honestly thought it would take 4 years, or at least two... figured he would carry momentum in the midterms, and maybe his popularity would wain in the second half of his one term, but he has surpassed all expectations and turned the nation against him in less than 2 years... not even Jimmy Carter could do that!

Back