I just got temp banned at another site for calling an 'old man'? An 'old man'

McRocket

I am serious.
I called another poster: 'old man'.

He said he was 'semi-retired' and that he had been practicing law for over 40 years.
Sounds 'old' to me.

I did not put anything in front of or after the phrase. Not 'you stinking' old man.
Just...'Old man'.

And for that?
I got banned.

Here was the PM:

'You've used "old man" here twice to diminish the person to whom you are responding. This is no different than calling someone "kid" or "son" or "boy," all of which violate Rule 3. And you did this in a previous post as well: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...al-race-theory.452134/page-11#post-1075091103

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.'

And my reply:

'He has admitted that he had practiced law for over 40 years.
How can he do that and not be old?
It is legally impossible.

HE IS old.
So calling someone EXACTLY what they are is an insult?
Yes or no, please?

And I did NOT say it to diminish him.
I said it because it is a fact.'

I am not saying this to whine.
I knew they were very Cancel/PC when I joined.
And I knew when I even said that innocent remark? That the mods might freak and ban me.
So...I wanted to test them.
Sure enough.
So I am far from surprised.

But I am saying this to warn you people that you might want to appreciate the leniency this place gives.
Because a LOT of other chat forums will NOT allow what they do here.

Later.

Last edited:
Their playground their rules

Damo has kept this place pretty free

You should have seen this place before rule 12b existed

I get why he did that rule

It’s a legal thing

And a couple of posters got caught up in a personal thing that created a need for it

This place is mighty refreshing in it's lack of ridiculous rules.

I am serious.

He said he was 'semi-retired' and that he had been practicing law for over 40 years.
Sounds 'old' to me.

I did not put anything in front of or after the phrase. Not 'you stinking' old man.
Just...'Old man'.

And for that?
I got banned.

Here was the PM:

'You've used "old man" here twice to diminish the person to whom you are responding. This is no different than calling someone "kid" or "son" or "boy," all of which violate Rule 3. And you did this in a previous post as well: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...al-race-theory.452134/page-11#post-1075091103

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.'

And my reply:

HE IS old.
Yes or no, please?

And I knew when I even said that innocent remark? That the mods might freak and ban me.
Sure enough.

But I am saying this to warn you people that you might want to appreciate the leniency this place gives.

Later.

We all realize it. That's why we're HERE ... and not THERE.

This place is mighty refreshing in it's lack of ridiculous rules.

I am serious.

Sounds 'old' to me.

Just...'Old man'.

And for that?
I got banned.

Here was the PM:

And my reply:

HE IS old.
Yes or no, please?

Sure enough.

Later.

25% of their posters are trannies. That's one o' them there "proper pronoun" type sites.

They advocate the lopping off of the penis and testicles.

Last edited:
1. Freedom of Speech - "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances."

At Debate Politics we see freedom of speech as the right to communicate ideas. With this right comes the responsibility to choose your words carefully and to respect the rights of others. Common sense dictates the difference between expressing oneself and being disruptive. If you are focused on contributing to the community, you will not have to be concerned with being a disruption. Disruptive behavior such as personal attacks can lead to temporary or permanent revocation of posting privileges.

:rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2: :rofl2:

Thank you sir, may I have another.

bqaR5d.gif

Lack of honesty and fairness with staff is a huge problem at DP. I was subjected to mod abuse. Eventually I was given the choice to leave voluntary or be thrown out, not because I broke rules, but because I don't fit into one of the tribes, thus I was annoying. Also they completely lie about being fair and balanced, they are overwhelmingly WOKE compliant

Back