I just got temp banned at another site for calling an 'old man'? An 'old man'

On the Amazon politics forum, which closed down in 2017, posters were banned permanently without being told why. Certainly there was no discussion.

I had a post deleted once for mentioning the Japanese general Yamashita (I think that was the reason).

A popular theory was that the mods were bots.

I am serious.
I called another poster: 'old man'.

He said he was 'semi-retired' and that he had been practicing law for over 40 years.
Sounds 'old' to me.

I did not put anything in front of or after the phrase. Not 'you stinking' old man.
Just...'Old man'.

And for that?
I got banned.

Here was the PM:

'You've used "old man" here twice to diminish the person to whom you are responding. This is no different than calling someone "kid" or "son" or "boy," all of which violate Rule 3. And you did this in a previous post as well: https://debatepolitics.com/threads/...al-race-theory.452134/page-11#post-1075091103

Your account's access may be limited based on these actions. Please keep this in mind when posting or using our site.'

And my reply:

'He has admitted that he had practiced law for over 40 years.
How can he do that and not be old?
It is legally impossible.

HE IS old.
So calling someone EXACTLY what they are is an insult?
Yes or no, please?

And I did NOT say it to diminish him.
I said it because it is a fact.'

I am not saying this to whine.
I knew they were very Cancel/PC when I joined.
And I knew when I even said that innocent remark? That the mods might freak and ban me.
So...I wanted to test them.
Sure enough.
So I am far from surprised.

But I am saying this to warn you people that you might want to appreciate the leniency this place gives.
Because a LOT of other chat forums will NOT allow what they do here.

Later.

Debate Politics is the most closely moderated forum on the Internet. I personally think it is a garbage heap, but some people want to post there...so...whatever.

I got three warnings (not temp bans) while posting there...for even less than your mention here.

So, I left and do not post there at all anymore.

On the Amazon politics forum, which closed down in 2017, posters were banned permanently without being told why. Certainly there was no discussion.

I had a post deleted once for mentioning the Japanese general Yamashita (I think that was the reason).

A popular theory was that the mods were bots.

That's why I had a sock army at Amazon!
They banned one,I added two more,plus rotated names to make the army seem bigger.
Did you come here during the Amazon invasion?

Debate Politics is the most closely moderated forum on the Internet. I personally think it is a garbage heap, but some people want to post there...so...whatever.

I got three warnings (not temp bans) while posting there...for even less than your mention here.

THe mods keep an enemies list of people who they have decided will go, and then twist the rules to get it done..."Closely Moderated" does not get close to the full and clear picture.

BTW Frank was not liked at DP for the same reason it was decided to unload me....We are taken as annoying.

When they're giving Frank infractions..that's just sad.

I think Frank is at Falena's, no?

Their playground their rules

Damo has kept this place pretty free

You should have seen this place before rule 12b existed

I get why he did that rule

It’s a legal thing

And a couple of posters got caught up in a personal thing that created a need for it

Agreed.

Debate Politics is wrapped a little too tight. Although I'm a member in good standing there, JPP is a lot more fun.

I have been banned here a couple of times- but I probably deserved it.

As far as "Old Man" being an insult, the insult intended is useless against me- as I am not insulted by the term.

When I turned 50, my wife and her entire family threw me a Birthday Party with a theme- OLD FART!

All I got were gifts that said Old Fart on them- the birthday cake, a tie, a coffee cup, a gimme hat, a t-shirt- some underwear and etc.

It really didn't bother me, as it was all about having fun- and it was!

Back