I Love Texas - Dog Walker Shoots Armed Teen Robber

Watermark, you'd have to stop chemistry. Because while it still works there are people who will know how to kill large numbers of people quickly by making violent and energetic reactions happen in specific places.

And anyway, what I clearly meant was that no one could use harmful force against anyone else at all.

Well that's a pipe dream! Of course. Talk to SMY.

And anyway, what I clearly meant was that no one could use harmful force against anyone else at all.

Well that's a pipe dream! Of course. Talk to SMY.
You foolishly deny the laws of nature, and want to force others to do the same, which itself is harmful.

Appeal to larger forces.....
That are never around:
Police believe the man who abducted a Shasta County, California, woman at knife point and forced her to drive her vehicle to a remote location may have been intending to sexually assault her. Instead, when the scruffy would-be rapist stepped from the car for a moment, the woman retrieved a pistol and shot at the man, who fled into the darkness. (The Record Searchlight, Redding, CA, 7/28/95)

Under your policy, the woman would have been raped.

Not if she can just lock her door.

Yes, a locked door is a surefire way to stop criminals.

WM, your ideals are very sweet. But to pretend that the criminals are not a threat is simply ridiculous.

My wife is safe because she can defend herself against an intruder, regardless of his physical size.

He wouldn't have had a knife and he wouldn't have been able to use harmful force against her. Rape = harmful force.

WM, the difference between the strength of a 19 or 20 year old male and a 30 something year old female (on average) is all that a rapist needs. Or all that a murderer needs.

He wouldn't have had a knife and he wouldn't have been able to use harmful force against her. Rape = harmful force.
He would have hands and a much greater capacity to overwhelm her with strength. You better start cutting those off, because I can most definitely use mine as weapons.

Plus, can you imagine a life without knives? You couldn't even cut a zucchini.. let alone a steak for you meat eaters.

WM's ideals sound great, but even the removal of weapons in a fantasy is unrealistic.

Back