I was inside the court when the judge closed the Trump trial, and what I saw shocked me

gv040323dAPR.jpg

On the plus side Americans are waking up to how rotted out our justice system is now.....next up one hopes is realizing that the Constitution is over.

Anyone watching this farce has to be shaking their heads how such a moron can become a DA and a corrupt partisan hack can become a judge.

I was inside the court when the judge closed the Trump trial, and what I saw shocked me

I have observed and participated in trials throughout the world. I have seen justice and injustice in China, Russia, Ukraine, England, France, Italy, Israel, as well as in nearly 40 of our 50 states.

But in my 60 years as a lawyer and law professor, I have never seen a spectacle such as the one I observed sitting in the front row of the courthouse yesterday.

The judge in Donald Trump’s trial was an absolute tyrant, though he appeared to the jury to be a benevolent despot. He seemed automatically to be ruling against the defendant at every turn.

I have observed and participated in trials throughout the world. I have seen justice and injustice in China, Russia, Ukraine, England, France, Italy, Israel, as well as in nearly 40 of our 50 states.

But in my 60 years as a lawyer and law professor, I have never seen a spectacle such as the one I observed sitting in the front row of the courthouse yesterday.

The judge in Donald Trump’s trial was an absolute tyrant, though he appeared to the jury to be a benevolent despot. He seemed automatically to be ruling against the defendant at every turn.

For some reason, I was allowed to stay, and I observed one of the most remarkable wrong-headed biases I have ever seen. The judge actually threatened to strike all of Costello’s testimony if he raised his eyebrows again.

That of course would have been unconstitutional because it would have denied the defendant his Sixth Amendment right to confront witnesses and to raise a defense.

Striking Costello's ludicrous testimony would have been a favor to Trump.

The public should see how 'outrageous' Judge Merchan is: Alan Dershowitz
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz joins 'The Brian Kilmeade Show' to discuss Trump's New York criminal trial.

Dershowitz will say anything to get a story in the New York Post tabloid. The great "Eyebrow Conspiracy." At least it is not as whacko as yesterday's assassination claim.

So you have no argument, just a whiny lie filled diatribe. I wish I could say I am surprised.

That is the purpose of a jury--to decide questions of fact. Cohen already served time for his crimes.

There were no facts presented in this case regarding a crime. Only salacious hearsay and Cohens perjured testimony.

Perhaps you can help us with what the underlying felony crime was because the DA hasn't.

The public should see how 'outrageous' Judge Merchan is: Alan Dershowitz
Harvard Law professor emeritus Alan Dershowitz joins 'The Brian Kilmeade Show' to discuss Trump's New York criminal trial.

Had they allowed cameras in the courtroom, any American with an IQ above room temperature would be shocked. Even in Manhattan, this jury should find it hard to arrive at a unanimous guilty verdict. But you never know, they were successful shafting Derek Chauvin in Minneapolis with little evidence supporting their charges.

Back