I watched Bill O'Reilly for the first time...

leaningright

Moderate Republican
Staff member
I have seen clips and stopped on his show while flipping channels before but last night I made it a point to stay up past my bed time and watch his show because I knew he would be talking about Mr. Wright, especially since Wright mentioned him specifically in his NAACP speech. I was expecting him to lambast Obama during the process. Surprisingly (and refreshingly I might add) he didn't do that. He tried to make it plain that what Wright says is on Wright and not on Obama. When a couple of his guests tried to make the connection he steered them back to the point which was not Obama and was Mr. Wright and what he has said. He even had an Obama supporter on there and was extremely nice to him. I then flipped over to CNN and Anderson Cooper's guests were much worse on Obama than anyone on O'Reilly's show. All in all I found it very interesting that things played out this way from what I have seen of O'Reilly in the past and what I have read about him on this and other boards. Whether you agree with O'Reilly or not (and I know most of you don't) for last night's show at least, he was pretty fair and balanced. More so than the other networks.

I have watched O'Reilly a lot on this issue, and I have to say, he has been extremely fair about Wright/Obama, especially when compared to the rest of the media. He has totally resisted the temptation to pile on, which is not his usual m.o.

I know he is hoping to land an interview with Obama, and I think he is holding back until that point.

His rating have been slipping.

He may be trying to save his own ass.

every time I have tried to watch him he gets that crazy eyed thing going and repetes Known lies about people.

I used to listen to Rush all the time and it was that same kinda shit I heard on his show.

He consistently defends Obama on his radio show as well. I hear that on the way back from Ninjitsu.

Old men like O'Reilly? I really didn't know that. Really I can't see why his viewing audience is so high.

I think the hard of hearing can understand his loud yelling style better. And yes older men definately like him.

He consistently defends Obama on his radio show as well. I hear that on the way back from Ninjitsu.

Wow, ninjitsu, that’s hot.

WTF are you talking about? What’s your next excuse, you hear him but only because he’s coming through your fillings? You’re an O’Reilly listener, we get it! If Onceler can admit it and still be hot, you can too. Well, maybe not, but stop taking us for fools!

Wow, ninjitsu, that’s hot.

WTF are you talking about? What’s your next excuse, you hear him but only because he’s coming through your fillings? You’re an O’Reilly listener, we get it! If Onceler can admit it and still be hot, you can too. Well, maybe not, but stop taking us for fools!
I leave my car radio on 630 KHOW, the only time I hear him is after Ninjitsu. But it is regularly. And on every show for the past month at least he has defended Obama and promoted that Wright is Wright's problem and not Obama's.

If I could I would get his show through my fillings. But I don't have any of those.

I leave my car radio on 630 KHOW, the only time I hear him is after Ninjitsu. But it is regularly. And on every show for the past month at least he has defended Obama and promoted that Wright is Wright's problem and not Obama's.

If I could I would get his show through my fillings. But I don't have any of those.

Ok, so you are an O’Reilly listener. That’s fine. Don’t you feel better now, that you’ve come clean Damo?

Get ready to watch it again. It is being reported that Senator Hillary Clinton will appear for the first time ever on FOX NEWS' 'The O'Reilly Factor' Wednesday night. Hell, I might even tune in for that. Though it means I'll have to skip It Takes a Thief over on the Discovery Channel.

LOL. It should be interesting.

Back in 2000 when Bush was a candidate he went on O'Reilly and O'Reilly hit him with something along the lines of 'how do you call yourself a Christian and support the death penalty?' among other questions. I remember being impressed at the time by the interview because I thought beforehand O'Reilly would just break out the knee pads.

Back