I wish Bush were not term limited.

Jarod

Contributor
It would be fun to see the Republicans attempt to hold the line on Bush. The only problem is that he would likely pull out another win.

Funny to see how they abandon him once he has no political future, but if he did, a lot more than 30% would be supporting him.

lol. You wish Bush wasn't term limited because you know he would have absolutely no shot whatsoever of getting the WH, while McCain does...

I long ago stopped trying to defend this guy, his is inexplicable, he isn't conservative even. I don't understand why Rs have held his purse for so long...

I don't think he would have run. But Bush wouldn't beat anybody right now, hence the "wish" that he wasn't term limited.

Damo - we're talking about Republican primary voters. "The base."

You're deluding yourself if you think that McCain - who is not liked by talk radio, evangelicals & many conservatives who make up "the base" - would have had a prayer against Bush in the primaries this year.

I don't think he would have run. But Bush wouldn't beat anybody right now, hence the "wish" that he wasn't term limited.

What he’s saying Damo, is that, say he did run. And he’s in the primary against McCain. He is saying Bush would have beat McCain in the primary. I think he is right. And if you look at the R primary and how there was no conservative candidate for the right wing to coalesce behind, and how hard it was for them to swallow McCain (many still have not), and you couple that with the 65%? Approval rating bush still maintains among registered republicans….well, he’s right.

Damo - we're talking about Republican primary voters. "The base."

You're deluding yourself if you think that McCain - who is not liked by talk radio, evangelicals & many conservatives who make up "the base" - would have had a prayer against Bush in the primaries this year.
I said, "I don't think he would have run."

I think that if Bush were not term limited McCain would not have run against him in the Primary.

I don't think Bush would have won the election against whomever the Ds put forward. I think that is why Jarod wishes that Bush were not term limited because McCain isn't Bush no matter how much the Ds want him to be.

I think people are attempting to read some sort of defense for Bush in my posts, it doesn't exist people.

I said, "I don't think he would have run."

I think that if Bush were not term limited McCain would not have run against him in the Primary.

I don't think Bush would have won the election against whomever the Ds put forward. I think that is why Jarod wishes that Bush were not term limited because McCain isn't Bush no matter how much the Ds want him to be.

Ohh. So once again I “misread” your post. Here is what you did. You made a classic mistake of overusing pronouns. “He” was, in that context, taken to mean Bush. You should have went with the noun.

Ohh. So once again I “misread” your post. Here is what you did. You made a classic mistake of overusing pronouns. “He” was, in that context, taken to mean Bush. You should have went with the noun.
I think you "misread" it only because you were attempting to find some sort of Bush defense in there.

I think Bush would be running if he weren't term limited. I don't think McCain would have challenged him in the Primary. I think I'd be voting Libertarian again. (Still am likely to unless McCain adds that one more leg to his table). I'm not even attempting to defend it. I am just recognizing that Jarod says this because it would definitely be a sure win for the Ds if Bush was not term limited while it is a "likely" win without him not a sure thing.

I think you "misread" it only because you were attempting to find some sort of Bush defense in there.

I think Bush would be running if he weren't term limited. I don't think McCain would have challenged him in the Primary. I think I'd be voting Libertarian again. (Still am likely to unless McCain adds that one more leg to his table). I'm not even attempting to defend it. I am just recognizing that Jarod says this because it would definitely be a sure win for the Ds if Bush was not term limited while it is a "likely" win without him not a sure thing.

Well you can think that, but I didn’t think you were defending bush. I thought you were claiming that bush wouldn’t run again, and that even if he did, he wouldn’t have beaten McCain in the primary. You always ascribe evil motives to me. Is it because I’m a girl?

Well you can think that, but I didn’t think you were defending bush. I thought you were claiming that bush wouldn’t run again, and that even if he did, he wouldn’t have beaten McCain in the primary. You always ascribe evil motives to me. Is it because I’m a girl?
Yeah, that's why.

It isn't "evil" to assume things. It just makes us wrong more often.

I was trying to say what I said.

1. That McCain wouldn't run against Bush.

2. That Bush couldn't win against any D right now. Even Corrine Brown and her "You all look alike to me." would beat Bush right now....

Back