I wish Bush were not term limited.

lol. You wish Bush wasn't term limited because you know he would have absolutely no shot whatsoever of getting the WH, while McCain does...

I long ago stopped trying to defend this guy, his is inexplicable, he isn't conservative even. I don't understand why Rs have held his purse for so long...

While I do not belive you to be one of them. I belive there would be plenty of WRL, DIXIE, TOBY types still defending Bush were he still running.

While I do not belive you to be one of them. I belive there would be plenty of WRL, DIXIE, TOBY types still defending Bush were he still running.
Oh, I agree. Hence the "I can't understand why the Rs have held this guy's purse for so long..." part of my post.

I don't think he would have run. But Bush wouldn't beat anybody right now, hence the "wish" that he wasn't term limited.

I feel sure he would have gotten the Republican nomination were he not term limited.

I feel sure he would have gotten the Republican nomination were he not term limited.
Yes. Read the whole thread. I wasn't very clear in my posts.

I was saying two things poorly.

1. Bush would be running but couldn't win the general.

2. Nobody would have run against him in the Primary.

Yes. Read the whole thread. I wasn't very clear in my posts.

I was saying two things poorly.

1. Bush would be running but couldn't win the general.

2. Nobody would have run against him in the Primary.

I agree with you, except I wonder is some lightweight would run against him.

It would be fun to see the Republicans attempt to hold the line on Bush. The only problem is that he would likely pull out another win.

Funny to see how they abandon him once he has no political future, but if he did, a lot more than 30% would be supporting him.

I'm guessing that, secretly, nearly all republicans still approve to a large degree of the way bush is doing his job. His 30% approval rating is nearly the same as the proportion of registered republicans in the electorate.

Republicans will vote for ANYONE that puts an R behind his name just as Dems will vote for ANYONE that puts a D behind his name. There would be a small minority that might leave the party if the nominee really didn't tow the party line, but we can already see that the hard right Limbaugh Dildoheads are going to hold their nose and vote for McCain. And for the most part so long as there is no hanky panky in the nomination on the dem side, bygones will be bygones and Dems will vote for the nominee. People who are Hillary or Obama supporters that are registered dems, will hold their nose and vote against McCain. There will be so little difference in a McCain presidency and a Bush presidency that by November MOST dems will not stomach 4 more years of Bush in the guise of someones tired ass grandfather.

Republicans will vote for ANYONE that puts an R behind his name just as Dems will vote for ANYONE that puts a D behind his name. There would be a small minority that might leave the party if the nominee really didn't tow the party line, but we can already see that the hard right Limbaugh Dildoheads are going to hold their nose and vote for McCain. And for the most part so long as there is no hanky panky in the nomination on the dem side, bygones will be bygones and Dems will vote for the nominee. People who are Hillary or Obama supporters that are registered dems, will hold their nose and vote against McCain. There will be so little difference in a McCain presidency and a Bush presidency that by November MOST dems will not stomach 4 more years of Bush in the guise of someones tired ass grandfather.

I do not put Bush in the same class as McCain, Clinton or Obama.

Back