I wish I could say I hated that the Oilers Won tonight...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
But I didn't. I loved watching that game. Edmonton was down 3-0 in the best of seven series and now they are 3-2. In the last two games they opened the scoring with a short handed goal and never lost the lead. It's been brilliant. While I do hope the American team wins (Florida Panthers), it was kind of nice seeing their sad faces... Now they have to make the trip back to Edmonton to play game 6. I hope it goes 7 games...

There's Oilers? Oh! Edmonton..hockey.

Do you know how the Lightning won the Stanley Cup? They had the best of Quebec on their team! :LOL:

I tell ya summin': Nobody grows up skating and playing hockey on frozen lakes and ponds in FL.

But I didn't. I loved watching that game. Edmonton was down 3-0 in the best of seven series and now they are 3-2. In the last two games they opened the scoring with a short handed goal and never lost the lead. It's been brilliant. While I do hope the American team wins (Florida Panthers), it was kind of nice seeing their sad faces... Now they have to make the trip back to Edmonton to play game 6. I hope it goes 7 games...
I'm for Edmonton. Especially since Florida wanted to win at home. I hope they can play like they did the last 2 games and whop Florida's ass!

My Penguins sucked this year, especially mid-season, but a spark lit them up toward the end of the season. We need Barrasso back!

I'm for Edmonton. Especially since Florida wanted to win at home. I hope they can play like they did the last 2 games and whop Florida's ass!

My Penguins sucked this year, especially mid-season, but a spark lit them up toward the end of the season. We need Barrasso back!
Well, my Avs didn't suck, but Dallas put them out in Round 2 just like last year... Ugh. When Nichushkin tested positive and was suspended they just seemed to give up that next game and they just never got the mojo back. I can't be for Edmonton... They're in our Division.... LOL Though I did love watching them beat Dallas.

Here we are now, in game 7... Oilers have given themselves the chance to be the second team in NHL history to win after falling behind 3-0 in the series. Current score is 1-1.... And both goals were quite exciting. I'm hoping for a great game and I find that I don't care who wins at all. The Canadians might finally have a Stanley Cup visit them after all this time...

Here we are now, in game 7... Oilers have given themselves the chance to be the second team in NHL history to win after falling behind 3-0 in the series. Current score is 1-1.... And both goals were quite exciting. I'm hoping for a great game and I find that I don't care who wins at all. The Canadians might finally have a Stanley Cup visit them after all this time...
Nah, Florida won 2-1.
I thought Edmonton had a chance, but Florida was relentless.

Reactions: TOP
USA, USA, USA!

Since each player can have the Cup for a day, I'd bet it will spend quite a bit of time in Canada anyway.
But they know it isn't their trophy... No Canadian team has won the since Montreal Candiens in 1993. That one had to hurt. Almost a Cinderella story... Almost there....

But they know it isn't their trophy... No Canadian team has won the since Montreal Candiens in 1993. That one had to hurt. Almost a Cinderella story... Almost there....
Almost doesn't count in hockey, at least for now.
Maybe Biden can give them a participation trophy :unsure:

Oops

Nail biter. Thought the oilers might get the tie. I thought it they did for they would go on to win in OT. But it was not to be.
I though when Florida's goalie lost his stick and was sprawled out on the ice the Oilers had a good chance to score, but all for nil. Good game though.

Back