I wish Topspin was right...

Everybody wins with a universal plan. Drugs will be included increasing the drug company's profits. The demand for more drugs will lower the cost and everyone requiring them will receive them.

It works in other countries just fine. It doesn't make any sense to say the US can't do it.
There was nothing in my post that said the "US can't do it", it said that THIS bill sucked, and is designed to make private markets fail. It also specifically spoke of the insurance market, not Big Pharma. They were the ones that lobbied for this, and to whom the Ds caved.

There was nothing in my post that said the "US can't do it", it said that THIS bill sucked, and is designed to make private markets fail. It also specifically spoke of the insurance market, not Big Pharma. They were the ones that lobbied for this, and to whom the Ds caved.

The bill is a start. That's how universal plans usually start. First medical, then prescription drugs. There's no point in having a universal drug plan if people can't be seen by a doctor, diagnosed, then given a prescription.

The bill took a year of negotiating. Well, the reality is it's taken a lot more than one year. It's taken decades and decades.

You say it's designed to make private markets fail as if that's a bad thing. It's designed to stop some people making money off the illnesses of others. That is a good thing.

Too bad the only alternative offered by congressional Repubs and yourself comprised exactly ONE word...NO!

Wow... such a good little Dem parrot. They have trained you well. Of course, those with the capability to think for themselves understand your post is nothing more than bullshit spoon fed to you by the Dems. The sad part is how much you seem to like eating their shit.

Who keeps running a business when it's not making a profit?

I honestly don't know why people are so sympathetic towards small business. If a business can't afford to pay minimum wage and insurance for an employee then the person running the business shouldn't be in business!

If an individual isn't smart enough to earn a wage and pay for their own health care, then perhaps we really shouldn't give a fuck about them? I mean, that IS your logic right?

It is NOT the responsibility of businesses to pay for people's insurance. THAT is a HUGE part of the problem. Ever since this country started drifting towards employer based plans (not to mention medicaid and medicare), health care costs have ballooned.

While I understand the need to cover those with Cancer or other currently incurable diseases, the vast majority of this country should not be provided with 'guaranteed coverage'. When you have 'guaranteed coverage' you end up with fat, lazy people who don't take care of themselves. The insurance companies then charge each individual according to the lowest common denominator. The COSTS of the fat lazy people end up being shared with those that stay fit and eat healthy.

Again, there are those with illnesses/diseases that are not going to qualify who do not possess the ability to get better simply by eating well or exercising. But the majority could.

I honestly don't know why people are so sympathetic towards small business. If a business can't afford to pay minimum wage and insurance for an employee then the person running the business shouldn't be in business!

A small business in the US is defined as having 500 employees or less.

When you have 'guaranteed coverage' you end up with fat, lazy people who don't take care of themselves.

If that was the case there would be higher percentage of obese people living in countries that have universal plans.

I don't feel I need to quote any statistics. Just watch the international news and see for yourself.

/////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

If an individual isn't smart enough to earn a wage and pay for their own health care, then perhaps we really shouldn't give a fuck about them? I mean, that IS your logic right?

It is NOT the responsibility of businesses to pay for people's insurance. THAT is a HUGE part of the problem. Ever since this country started drifting towards employer based plans (not to mention medicaid and medicare), health care costs have ballooned.

While I understand the need to cover those with Cancer or other currently incurable diseases, the vast majority of this country should not be provided with 'guaranteed coverage'. When you have 'guaranteed coverage' you end up with fat, lazy people who don't take care of themselves. The insurance companies then charge each individual according to the lowest common denominator. The COSTS of the fat lazy people end up being shared with those that stay fit and eat healthy.

Again, there are those with illnesses/diseases that are not going to qualify who do not possess the ability to get better simply by eating well or exercising. But the majority could.

A small business in the US is defined as having 500 employees or less.

I should have put "small" in brackets.

Including medical coverage is no different than being required to pay the minimum wage. There would probably be a lot more "small" businesses if they could get away with paying $2.00/hr but what life would that be for the employee?

Fox news is now the leader in the science of cannabis reporting. If repubs get on board the freedom train I'm switching back with millions of patients.

Hey Topper move to NM. We have MedMJ cards, we have started licencing distributors, cost of living is lower here than in LA, we don't get hurricanes, tornados, and we have WAY spicier food than you can get in LA. Good place to retire.

You idiot, you just advocated raising their costs, now you admonish them for not beign able to raise prices in a recsssion.

Fucking unreal!!

It really shows how little you understand your actions, you god damn idiot

You idiot, you just advocated raising their costs, now you admonish them for not beign able to raise prices in a recsssion.

Fucking unreal!!

It really shows how little you understand your actions, you god damn idiot

My goodness. You are all fired up.

First, I never said anything about not raising prices. Prices go up everywhere, from the gas station to the grocery store.

The problem is too many ego-tripping people think they can run a business. They go into business thinking they deserve more money than their employer is paying them and their greed does them in. They b!tch and complain about taxes and government interference but they never stopped to think that's why their last employer was paying them the salary they were paying.

They're greedy. It's that simple. Well, some are not too bright, as well. :rofl:

Hey Topper move to NM. We have MedMJ cards, we have started licencing distributors, cost of living is lower here than in LA, we don't get hurricanes, tornados, and we have WAY spicier food than you can get in LA. Good place to retire.

You don't really want him, do you?

NM does sound like a rightious place to crash in retirement. Maybe somewhere up in the mountains, not too hot in summer or too cold in winter. Soc got and suggestions?

Back