I Wonder

The cover image popped up on Drudge before the controversy broke out in the general media.

You are being a bit delusional Damo? Or intentionally apologetic ?
The story popped up, did you read it?

The story was about the outrage of the Obama campaign. Because you mentioned it was there, I went to Drudge. I read three stories about it, every one of them were about how the campaign was upset about the picture.

I think that they are opening a conversation now, so they do not have to later and using this as an opportunity. Making lemonade from lemons, so to speak.

No I did not read it.

but I saw the image.
So, you purposefully kept yourself it ignorance, that isn't evidence that they are not seizing an opportunity to dispel myths earlier in the campaign. As I said before, making lemonade from the lemons they have been handed.

If you'll note, we are holding a conversation we otherwise would not likely have had at this time, right now, because of it.

So, you purposefully kept yourself it ignorance, that isn't evidence that they are not seizing an opportunity to dispel myths earlier in the campaign. As I said before, making lemonade from the lemons they have been handed.

If you'll note, we are holding a conversation we otherwise would not likely have had at this time, right now, because of it.

I do not read every article associated with every image I see on the web or anywhere. do you ?

I do not read every article associated with every image I see on the web or anywhere. do you ?
I do about subjects that we are holding conversations about. As I said, you mentioned that the story was on Drudge, so I went there. I saw links to three stories, every one of them were about the Campaign's reaction to the picture. Without the reaction they could not have controlled the conversation, because of his quick-response team he is getting a message out now that likely could have been problematical for him later if he had left it to fester longer.

Controlling the message is what this campaign has been masterful at. I believe that this is another example of it. Seizing opportunities, seeing them and making the most of them. I've been very impressed with his team for this reason. One of the best I have ever seen.

Ahh, now I inderstand you a bit better damo. It is about the process, not the truth.
the game is where it is at for you ?

Ahh, now I inderstand you a bit better damo. It is about the process, not the truth.
the game is where it is at for you ?
I know what the truth is. At least as I understand it. How he gets that out is where the mastery lies. His group, again, is one of the best I have seen in controlling the message. It's been amazing to watch, and something that I will learn from. Obama's campaign is definitely one to learn from.

Actually, the song was written strictly as an instrumental piece. Upon being played at the funeral of a sourhtern general, it was adopted and the lyrics added later on.

EDIT: Well, that's what I had heard, but that's not what Wiki says...

Last edited:
Back