Ice on Mars

I feel like im experiencing pon farr right now. Time to get out of the office. have a good Friday night all!

forgot to post the best part

Pon farr

Main article: Pon farr

Periodically, approximately every seven years, for males and bonded females, Vulcans experience an overpowering mating drive known as pon farr. Once triggered, Vulcans must have sexual contact with someone, preferably their mate, or else face insanity and death.

If a mate is not available, there are two other options that will relieve the effects of the pon farr. The first is meditation where the Vulcan must overcome the urge to mate through mental discipline. The other option is extreme shock; in the TOS episode "Amok Time", Spock believed he had killed James T. Kirk, his best friend, thus providing sufficient shock to nullify the effects of pon farr. When he experienced pon farr, Tuvok of the starship USS Voyager made use of a holodeck simulation, created by Tom Paris, of a temporary mate which resembled his wife to relieve his condition. This holodeck simulation was created because The Doctor was unavailable; the dialog of this episode suggests that The Doctor had prepared a medicine to help Tuvok overcome his Pon Farr. Infection is another mechanism writers have used to induce pon farr in Vulcan characters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vulcan_(Star_Trek)

Ohhh, please, don’t make me associate Captain Kirk with Topper!

She was gorgeous, and what a bod. She definitely had it all.

Spock thought so .. if you rmember the episode where Spock was struck with the Vulcan hardon .. that only comes every 7 years .. well if he didn't get that thing off it would kill him .. Uhuru gave it up.

Too bad they didn't show us the ...ahhh .. details.

Yup, the Vulcan hardon episode.

Of course it was Kirk who kissed Uhuru on screen and caused all the controversy. It was televisions first interracial kiss.

c'mon BAC brush up on your vulcan-speak. It's called pon farr. See my earlier vulcan wiki post ;)

Back