If evolution is teh realz then why is not it happeningg nows?

i thought you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks...

seriously, this doesn't prove the absence of biblical creation. all it shows is that animals learn behavior and a certain trait is passed on as those who survive have that trait. do non evolutionist say that is not an impossibility?

i thought you couldn't teach an old dog new tricks...

seriously, this doesn't prove the absence of biblical creation. all it shows is that animals learn behavior and a certain trait is passed on as those who survive have that trait. do non evolutionist say that is not an impossibility?

Um... so... I don't even know what to say. You just described evolution and said this proved the evolutionary process.

Um... so... I don't even know what to say. You just described evolution and said this proved the evolutionary process.

as far as i know, creationism does not say animals cannot adapt nor does the bible say such. read my post again, i said it does not show the "absence" of biblical creation.

as far as i know, creationism does not say animals cannot adapt nor does the bible say such. read my post again, i said it does not show the "absence" of biblical creation.

The bible doesn't say evolution isn't real either, but they sure are in conflict with each other, aren't they? Who needs to show the absence of biblical creation when you just agreed that this shows and proves the evolutionary process?

By the way, are you a creationist?

Correct. What creationism claims is that, no matter what is observed, the force behind it is God. And God cannot be quantified, described, limited, or understood.

And so, creationism is the perfect pseudo-science. It does not fit any scientific model. It does not attempt to answer any questions. (in fact, the answer was known so they created the "-ism" to point to it) And it will not accept modification or new information.

evolution is happening, republicans are switching to dem by the day. Especially corporate republicans.

The bible doesn't say evolution isn't real either, but they sure are in conflict with each other, aren't they? Who needs to show the absence of biblical creation when you just agreed that this shows and proves the evolutionary process?

By the way, are you a creationist?

if the bible doesn't say evolution doesn't exist, how then is it contradictory?

creation set in motion evolution, thus, they are not contradictory. it is your definition of evolution that is contradictory, not that god can create and create evolution....be fruitful and multiply etc...

they are not contradictory and your OP does not disprove creationism.

No, dishonest moron, genes have nothing to do with LEARNED behavior. That's what I said, so don't leave words out.

fuck you....where do you think behavior comes from....it is mostly (if not all) learned :pke: wasn't being dishonest

go research dog experiments they have done, border collies for starters, i am not an expert, but i don't think you are right that no behavior is passed on through genes.

Um.. That would be incorrect. In some simpler species it does. We even tested it on some single celled animals in elementary school.

Do link me up.

My understanding is that learned behavior does not affect genetics beyond changing which units survive and reproduce, but the learned behavior itself isn't passed on.

fuck you....where do you think behavior comes from....it is mostly (if not all) learned :pke: wasn't being dishonest

go research dog experiments they have done, border collies for starters, i am not an expert, but i don't think you are right that no behavior is passed on through genes.

There's a huge difference between LEARNED behavior and instinctual behavior. I know trig, but I cannot pass it on to my child. However, I smile when I'm happy and so do blind people who have never seen a smile.

Yes, you were being dishonest by suggesting that I had suggested that genes had nothing to do with behavior. That is of course false, and not at all what I said.

He said no learned behavior is passed on thru the genes. And in higher animals that is probably true for the most part.

But all species have some behavior that is passed on thru genes.

Do link me up.

My understanding is that learned behavior does not affect genetics beyond changing which units survive and reproduce, but the learned behavior itself isn't passed on.
Well, I can't link you up to my fourth grade class. But what we did was give a small electric shock after a specific event to a single celled animal until the event itself caused a reaction similar to the shock before we administered the shock.

Then when the cell split we tested both of the animals which both exhibited the same reaction to that same event.

There's a huge difference between LEARNED behavior and instinctual behavior. I know trig, but I cannot pass it on to my child. However, I smile when I'm happy and so do blind people who have never seen a smile.

Yes, you were being dishonest by suggesting that I had suggested that genes had nothing to do with behavior. That is of course false, and not at all what I said.

trig is not learned behavior

i misread or misunderstood i thought you also meant all behavior, calm down, count to ten and next time don't jump up and down claiming someone lied when they might have made a mistake :pke:

learned behavior though can be passed on

You example is a pretty lame example but can by called "evolution" by ignorant laymen...

Observed Natural Selection
(Survival of the fittest): Darwin's proposed mechanism for evolutionary change is observed in nature. Natural selection serves as a means of conservation, not one of creation. It explains survival of a species, not arrival of a species.

There is a major difference in trait changes between generations of a species over many years, and the introduction of a new species....... the fish will remain a fish, a bird will remain a bird and a chimp will not become a man, at least with man's present knowledge of the subject....

trig is not learned behavior

i misread or misunderstood i thought you also meant all behavior, calm down, count to ten and next time don't jump up and down claiming someone lied when they might have made a mistake :pke:

learned behavior though can be passed on

Doing trigonometry is certainly learned behavior. So is fear is guns.

What "learned" behavior can be passed on?

Back