If I were a Republican

signalmankenneth

Verified User
devil-gop-hell.jpg

If I were a Republican

http://bornagainhippies.blogspot.com/2011/06/republicants.html

If you were a Republican.....your IQ would be above 130.....maybe in your next life....

Last edited:
The "from" is assumed in almost any region. You hear the question: "Did you graduate HS?" as often as "Did you graduate from HS?" It's colloquialism, and since we're not writing a college thesis we can use them in conversation if we wish.

The "from" is assumed in almost any region. You hear the question: "Did you graduate HS?" as often as "Did you graduate from HS?" It's colloquialism, and since we're not writing a college thesis we can use them in conversation if we wish.

Grammar referee?

Noe ewe cain't ewe gall-dern'd idgit! Duh Qween of edumacashun haf spoked!

Your "colloguialism" is someone else's nails on the chalkboard.

"I don't know why so many people have taken to dropping the "from" and are going around saying they graduated college, but it really is wrong. Do your alma mater a favor and make your English instructors proud. Tell people you graduated from college or high school."

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/graduated-from.aspx

People don't "graduate college." They graduate from college.
People don't graduate from college,............today, people buy a degree buy paying tutuion 98% of the time....attending classes, and learning to kiss the instructors ass by agreeing with whatever liberal bullshit is presented to them without question or dissent...................god ...even pinheads know that in their hearts....

Because it contributes to the belief that the American education system is being dumbed down.
No it doesn't. Liberalism and its acceptance of sub-standard results 'dumbs down' the education system, not regional speech patterns.

Face it, bitch. You're so desperate to achieve a 'gotcha' against a conservative that you've made yourself look petty and foolish. :)

No it doesn't. Liberalism and its acceptance of sub-standard results 'dumbs down' the education system, not regional speech patterns.

Face it, bitch. You're so desperate to achieve a 'gotcha' against a conservative that you've made yourself look petty and foolish. :)

I find your comment out of line. Talk to me like that if you must but be polite to her.

Your "colloguialism" is someone else's nails on the chalkboard.

"I don't know why so many people have taken to dropping the "from" and are going around saying they graduated college, but it really is wrong. Do your alma mater a favor and make your English instructors proud. Tell people you graduated from college or high school."

http://grammar.quickanddirtytips.com/graduated-from.aspx

This is foolish nonsense that doesn't take into account the difference between spoken assumption and the perfection of grammar expected when writing your College Thesis...

Person 1 says: "What are you doing?" or "Whatchya doing?"
Person 2 says: "Nothing."

The "I am doing" is assumed in spoken language (which is the form we use on a message board. In this case the "from" is assumed in the spoken language... In that case much more is assumed yet nobody seems to complain. Somebody uses the same assumption usage in a sentence only removing one word and it becomes a reason to whine in an article?

Back