If you could pass three pieces of federal legislation what would they be?

1. balanced budget every year and lawmakers do not get paid until budget is balanced
2. right to bear arms applies to the states and is individual

1. 2nd Amendment affirmation act, abolishes every federal gun law.
2. Pork free bill act, erases earmarked pet projects and limits spending bills to one pre-determined objective
3. commerce clause definition act, removes any and all federal control over purely intrastate activities.

1. Put all elected officials retirement funds in with the SS funds and their medical insurance in with the new healthcare policy.
2. Make congress subject to all laws they pass. No exemptions.
3. Ban all paid lobbyists. No lobbiests can be paid except perhaps for reimbursed expenses.

1. A strong balanced budget amendment that would allow for time-limited emergency deficits if 3/4 of the Congress agrees.
2. The Border Control Act (all borders, not just one), included would be a success measure that would set in motion a path to citizenship that is fair for those who came and did it legally, also includes worker permits and raising the numbers of legal immigration allowed.
3. Fair Tax.

1.Introduce a new voting system based around the principles of Proportional Representation (see Watermark for further details on PR)

2.Generous reparations paid to the United Kingdom for all that terrible revolution bidness.

3.Subsidised hats, ensuring that even the poorest dog should not be without millinery accoutrement.

hr5843 leagalize adult use of the hippie lettuce
term limits
hate laws against attacking ib1 for being gay'r than balls on clay akins chin.

1. balanced budget every year and lawmakers do not get paid until budget is balanced
2. right to bear arms applies to the states and is individual

#1 is a good idea, especially when coupled with a Fair Tax.

#2, is this really on your top three? I mean, who cares what NY of CA does when you can vote with your feet? Also I think this would be against Amendment X.

1. 2nd Amendment affirmation act, abolishes every federal gun law.
2. Pork free bill act, erases earmarked pet projects and limits spending bills to one pre-determined objective
3. commerce clause definition act, removes any and all federal control over purely intrastate activities.

#3 would be difficult to manage. For instance, the Corps of Engineers was mandated to regulate "navigable waters" and when they ran out of river that you could put a commercial sized vessel that could legitimately carry goods interstate they "incrementally re-interpreted" the word "navigable" to include smaller and smaller boats. When they ran out of those creeks and streams they continued this process to include birds that flew interstate and relied on ponds and such. Then they included wetland because those fed the ponds. Then they included rain because that feeds the wetlands. I now anticipate the Corps regulating clouds as navigable waterways.

*shrug*

1. Put all elected officials retirement funds in with the SS funds and their medical insurance in with the new healthcare policy.
2. Make congress subject to all laws they pass. No exemptions.
3. Ban all paid lobbyists. No lobbiests can be paid except perhaps for reimbursed expenses.
Problems with #3. Lobbyists perform a valuable function by educating the legislators on complex issues that affect their industry (I was one for a while). This is also an infringement on freedom of speech.

1. A strong balanced budget amendment that would allow for time-limited emergency deficits if 3/4 of the Congress agrees.
2. The Border Control Act (all borders, not just one), included would be a success measure that would set in motion a path to citizenship that is fair for those who came and did it legally, also includes worker permits and raising the numbers of legal immigration allowed.
3. Fair Tax.
1. In times of war the government needs to run a deficit and we rarely have a plurality except at the very outset; later on many start wimping out and want to "redeploy".
2. We can control borders now under the Constitution. Immigration reform would take care of itself once this was done (notwithstanding the issue of how to deal with the millions who crossed illegally and are still here).

1.Introduce a new voting system based around the principles of Proportional Representation (see Watermark for further details on PR)

2.Generous reparations paid to the United Kingdom for all that terrible revolution bidness.

3.Subsidised hats, ensuring that even the poorest dog should not be without millinery accoutrement.

1. PR is dumb; there is a reason why the Founders adopted the Electoral College and it is as important now when it was in 1783.

*shrug*

#1 is a good idea, especially when coupled with a Fair Tax.

#2, is this really on your top three? I mean, who cares what NY of CA does when you can vote with your feet? Also I think this would be against Amendment X.

i don't really have a top 3, i just posted what came to mind. how would it violate the 10th, unless you're saying that all the 14th amendment court decisions are invalid.

1. In times of war the government needs to run a deficit and we rarely have a plurality except at the very outset; later on many start wimping out and want to "redeploy".
2. We can control borders now under the Constitution. Immigration reform would take care of itself once this was done (notwithstanding the issue of how to deal with the millions who crossed illegally and are still here).
1. This gives cause for the Executive to request a declaration, you could include in the amendment a declaration clause. "If war is legally declared", etc.
2. We can, but we do not. It is something that I would enact.

1. PR is dumb; there is a reason why the Founders adopted the Electoral College and it is as important now when it was in 1783.

*shrug*

Surely the electoral college only applies to Presidential elections?

You don't need a PR system to elect a President as simple majority would suffice. *shrug*

#1. Create a constitutional ammendment to ban the designated hitter rule from baseball. While were at it, aluminum bats have to go too.
#2. A bill making it a felony punishable by 10 years of hard labor for waking your husband/boyfriend up from a nap just because you can't stand to see him sleeping.
#3. Declare that Tuesdays shall henceforth and forever more be national pork chop night.

Last edited:
Back