If you could pass three pieces of federal legislation what would they be?

Ironically, one of the Colonial era acts that irked the Americans was called the Hat Act.

Also of note, I got to attend a promotion ceremony in the Canadian area at my unit this Friday. It constitutes sovereign territory, much like a consulate, and it was my first time in there. I got to drink beer and everything. But then one of the Canadian officers mentioned that Canada Day is coming up, representing the "peaceful independence from Great Britain in 1867." One of the Americans said "peaceful independence?" and the Canadian replied "yes, and just think, you could have had yours too, if you'd have just asked for it!" :cool:

Gotta love Canada! :can:

They actually did try a violent revolt several times. A few decades later, GB finally decided to cede to their demands, because no one really cares about canada anyway.

They actually did try a violent revolt several times. A few decades later, GB finally decided to cede to their demands, because no one really cares about canada anyway.

LOL The funny thing is that they never got full political separation until the 80's (1983, I believe). When the officer mentioned it, I asked if Canada Day represented that event and he clarified it for me, leading to the humorous witticism that I mentioned.

What's the matter with Canada? Eh?
I like Canada except for the big city parts. Although Vancouver was ok for a visit.

That isn't in Canadian history books. There were territorial conflicts with France, but none against Britain. And the "war" of 1812 against you guys was apparently based on a misunderstanding and poor postal delivery.

That isn't in Canadian history books. There were territorial conflicts with France, but none against Britain. And the "war" of 1812 against you guys was apparently based on a misunderstanding and poor postal delivery.

The War of 1812 was faught over the issue of "impressment," just like the Quasi War of the 1790's against France. The US launched another failed invasion during the war (just like the failed invasion during the Revolution), and in the end our only successful battles were faught by the Navy on the Great Lakes. The poor postal delivery bit was what allowed for the Battle of New Orleans (our only successful major land battle) to occur, which is unfortunate in that it led to the stardom of Jackson.

The War of 1812 was faught over the issue of "impressment," just like the Quasi War of the 1790's against France. The US launched another failed invasion during the war (just like the failed invasion during the Revolution), and in the end our only successful battles were faught by the Navy on the Great Lakes. The poor postal delivery bit was what allowed for the Battle of New Orleans (our only successful major land battle) to occur, which is unfortunate in that it led to the stardom of Jackson.
Really and what about the Battle of the Thames? It was one of the most significant US military victories in all of US history and the most important victory in the war of 1812. It was much more significant, from a strategic standpoint, then the Battle of New Orleans. I thought you were a history major?

Last edited:
No, as demwit you were evasive and as citizen you denied...what a dork! Now I just have to get Solitary to fess up to his alter ego as well. Why in the heck you guys want to be such dorks is beyond my understanding. I will admit that at least you were funny with your rep points fit.

wow a ged in three flavors:clink:

Back