If you dont worship like the government wants you to... You are second class.

Jarod

Contributor
In Iran if you are not Muslam you are considered second class...

Comming soon to a state near you... In the Christian Republic of Minnesota you are already suspended if you refuse to stand for the Pledge of alegence.

Oh I can Damo but the resulting treatment is not worth telling people.

I just tell very few people. They just assume Im a christian because of how I live and treat people. I leave it at that unless directly asked. Most people dont ask.

I have known since third grade that I didn't believe in god despite my dad's catholicism. I told a kid in my third grade class that I did not believe in god and her mom accosted me outside of my class on a school day and told me I was going to hell and I was NEVER to play with her daughter. Ah the compassion of Christianity, it almost brings a tear to my eye.

Is it just coincidence or random that such a high percentage of people on this board say they don't believe in God? I'm not asking in a negative way it just seems the percentage is much higher here than the U.S. as a whole.

Is it just coincidence or random that such a high percentage of people on this board say they don't believe in God? I'm not asking in a negative way it just seems the percentage is much higher here than the U.S. as a whole.

Well, who other than Thorn and Desh said they were atheists? We'd need a number on that first, then we'd have to count up the total number of posters, and then we'd be able to extrapolate the percentage of atheists from that, and then compare that to the national average.

Do you think I'm an atheist?

Well, who other than Thorn and Desh said they were atheists? We'd need a number on that first, then we'd have to count up the total number of posters, and then we'd be able to extrapolate the percentage of atheists from that, and then compare that to the national average.

Do you think I'm an atheist?

Sorc just said he was above on this thread. Jarod I believe. My impression is that you are unless Rev. Wright was your pastor and then you would find God again. Cypress might not believe.

Yeah it does seem that way CAW. I am not sure why and I was wondering why too.
Not afraid to admit being an atheist because of being anonymous ? I dunno.

In America if you are Muslim, Many conisder you the enemy.

When you believe a violent ideology which espouses enmity towards nonbelievers you are rightfully considered an enemy based upon your own espoused believes. NO?

I know, the crusades! THEY WERE ALSO BAD. MANY THINGS CAN BE BAD AT ONE TIME. Three of them are the AbraHAMIC FAITHS.

Sorc just said he was above on this thread. Jarod I believe. My impression is that you are unless Rev. Wright was your pastor and then you would find God again. Cypress might not believe.

Well, I most defintely am not an atheist. And Rev Wright is not my pastor. I don't believe humans need other humans to serve as intermediaries between themselves and God. All that does is put power in someone else's hands.

Well, that would make four ( i'm not counting cypress since I have no idea and wouldn't make that assumption). It might be slightly higher than average.

Well, I most defintely am not an atheist. And Rev Wright is not my pastor. I don't believe humans need other humans to serve as intermediaries between themselves and God. All that does is put power in someone else's hands.

Well, that would make four ( i'm not counting cypress since I have no idea and wouldn't make that assumption). It might be slightly higher than average.

Citizen might qualify. He says he (is?) was head of his church group but I got the impression he doesn't believe now.

Citizen might qualify. He says he (is?) was head of his church group but I got the impression he doesn't believe now.

I did not believe then and told the pastor so. I did not dare use the word atheist though. Just said I did not believe in God. That pastor was a cool good guy though so I accepted the position of chairman of the trustees. I have since left all that, I only dealt with it because of the now ex wife unit.

and yes although not in any atheist org or anything, I do not believe in god, or any type of afterlife.

Part of it is that people can be more truthfull as this board is fairly ananomus.

Back