If You Want More Gun Control

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution#Judgment

2) Like most rights, the Second Amendment right is not unlimited. It is not a right to keep and carry any weapon whatsoever in any manner whatsoever and for whatever purpose: For example, concealed weapons prohibitions have been upheld under the Amendment or state analogues. The Court’s opinion should not be taken to cast doubt on longstanding prohibitions on the possession of firearms by felons and the mentally ill, or laws forbidding the carrying of firearms in sensitive places such as schools and government buildings, or laws imposing conditions and qualifications on the commercial sale of arms. Miller’s holding that the sorts of weapons protected are those “in common use at the time” finds support in the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons. Pp. 54–56
and you don't think that semi automatic weapons are in common use at this time?

Desh, fucking ban guns in the fucking blue states where everyone is going fucking nuts and shooting each other right now! Put up, and then shut-up. We're all tired of reading about blue state malls and blue state schools, but no serious blue state gun control.

Damn good idea.....you wanna ban guns, do it state by state....put legislation on a state referendum.....
blue states without guns.....sweet......let 'em learn the hard way.

Chicago has been learning this whole year with a ban of their own. The homicide rates are soaring

Desh, fucking ban guns in the fucking blue states where everyone is going fucking nuts and shooting each other right now! Put up, and then shut-up. We're all tired of reading about blue state malls and blue state schools, but no serious blue state gun control.

I'm sorry, but could you tell me in which blue state the Ft Hood massacre occurred?

Oh the HYPERBOLE!!

I'm sorry, but could you tell me in which blue state the Ft Hood massacre occurred?

Oh the HYPERBOLE!!
the ft hood massacre. maybe you don't know a whole lot about military bases, but just like most big cities, actually worse, people are not allowed to carry a gun on a federal installation unless they are on duty and a gun is required. for all intent and purposes, a military base is a gun free zone.

the ft hood massacre. maybe you don't know a whole lot about military bases, but just like most big cities, actually worse, people are not allowed to carry a gun on a federal installation unless they are on duty and a gun is required. for all intent and purposes, a military base is a gun free zone.

Excuses excuses.

But back to the point...what BLUE STATE does Ft Hood reside in?

the historical tradition of prohibiting the carrying of dangerous and unusual weapons

Talk about dangerous.....

• In 2010, 2.3 million nonfatal fall injuries among older adults were treated in emergency departments and more than 662,000 of these patients were hospitalized.2
  • In 2010, the direct medical costs of falls, adjusted for inflation, was $30.0 billion
  • In 2009, about 20,400 older adults died from unintentional fall injuries.
Maybe you'd like to have a law passed that prohibits anyone over 65 from standing up without a personal assistant....
punishable by a $100,000 fine of 1 year in Leavenworth.....

Accidental shootings resulted in 642 deaths in 2009.....I wouldn't call that very dangerous at all by comparison, out of millions and millions of guns available to the public.

youre in the minority.

this current scotus has already said gun ban laws are constitutional

Ahhh,,,,the minority......the very reason the founding fathers created a "Representative Democracy".....to protect the minority from the moron majority.

since it's a federal installation, it's a blue state unto itself. i'm not surprised you're unable to make that distinction.

That's it!

Do whatever you can to avoid stating the obvious.

That not all shooting sprees happen in blue states.

What a surprise that ANOTHER Rightie can't answer a question honestly.

Back