I'll bet this guy is glad that Nicaragua abolished the Death Penalty...

Damocles

Accedo!
Staff member
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/americas/12/21/nicaragua.volz/index.html

MANAGUA, Nicaragua (CNN) -- An American man held in a Nicaraguan jail was released Friday and left the country, four days after a court overturned his conviction on charges of murdering his former girlfriend, his family told CNN.

A mix-up kept Eric Volz, 28, of Nashville, Tennessee, in custody after an appeals court reversed the ruling that found him guilty of the 2005 death of Doris Jimenez.

Thursday night, a Nicaraguan appeals court in Granada cleared up the confusion and signed release papers for Volz, said Maria Jose Oviedo, assistant to one of the judges on the court.

Once the documents were processed by the police hospital in Managua -- where Volz was undergoing treatment for a variety of ailments, including kidney stones -- he was set free under Nicaraguan law, a court official said.

More at link...

Had he been guilty....

*sigh*

I was mocking Dano. It's dano's ridiculous argument. He justifies it with Ted BUndy, despite the fact that Ted Bundy was, in fact, setneced to death, and escaped before he was even tried.

It's impossible to escape from a maximum security prison. And, well, to think about it, most of those in prison for murder aren't going to go out on a murderous rampage if they escaped. I mean, Scott Peterson for instance. Maybe coldhearted, but he's not literally very dangerous.

It's obviously much more likely to any reasonable person that the state is far more likely to kill an innocent man, than that a murderer is going to escape and kill people. Dano can only even think of one remotely related instance, and his citing of that instance is retarded. This ignoring the fact that it's much more horrible for the state to kill an innocent man than for a psychopath too, and places the guilt upon us all.

Not to mention the fact that under Dano's extreme incapacitation argument this person would've been dead too; apparently that slipped past you Damo.

Last edited:
*sigh*

I was mocking Dano. It's dano's ridiculous argument. He justifies it with Ted BUndy, despite the fact that Ted Bundy was, in fact, setneced to death, and escaped before he was even tried.

It's impossible to escape from a maximum security prison. And, well, to think about it, most of those in prison for murder aren't going to go out on a murderous rampage if they escaped. I mean, Scott Peterson for instance. Maybe coldhearted, but he's not literally very dangerous.

It's obviously much more likely to any reasonable person that the state is far more likely to kill an innocent man, than that a murderer is going to escape and kill people. Dano can only even think of one remotely related instance, and his citing of that instance is retarded. This ignoring the fact that it's much more horrible for the state to kill an innocent man than for a psychopath too, and places the guilt upon us all.

Not to mention the fact that under Dano's extreme incapacitation argument this person would've been dead too; apparently that slipped past you Damo.
As I was.

Imagine, there was a time that I almost invariably agreed with Dano. However, he used to be more libertarian rather than just strongly right-wing libertarian.

I still think he is one of the smartest freaks that post, it is just that he has decided that there is a black and white that didn't exist for him before.

As I was.

Imagine, there was a time that I almost invariably agreed with Dano. However, he used to be more libertarian rather than just strongly right-wing libertarian.

I still think he is one of the smartest freaks that post, it is just that he has decided that there is a black and white that didn't exist for him before.

Some of his arguments are just amazing, though. I mean, I really have to drop my jaw. I think he's most famous for his liberal generalizations.

In America this person probably wouldn't have been executed. We can at least be said to be very careful about killing people. Not the federal government, though - they've dangerously expedited the death penalty process in the name of political expediency.

There was always this bitch in my class, who wanted to be governer one day, who would always complain about how long it took to kill people, and praised Sadam Hussein's almost instantaneous execution. I'd always tell her "Well, why don't we just kill innocent people then? There's a reason for the automatic appeal." This case would probably make her STFU.

Most central and south american countries do not have the death penalty. For years mexico refused to extradite anyone charged with a capital crime unless the state agreed in a written document that they would not seek the death penalty. That has since changed.

Columbia has average sentences of 140 years.

But shit, have you ever looked at their crime rates? They have like 120 kidnappings per 100,000. Almost 10 times the next guy on the list.

Back