Illegal Immigrant Deportations on the rise

Yeah me either. It's all "decriminalization" for anything other than pot. I only use "legalization" in discussing pot if I'm sure the other person if fairly comfortable with it.

Yeah me either. It's all "decriminalization" for anything other than pot. I only use "legalization" in discussing pot if I'm sure the other person if fairly comfortable with it.

You'd be surprised at how adamant the youth is about legalizing pot. There are actually more people in favor of legalizing pot than lowering the drinking age from 18 to 21 on facebook, if that sounds perplexing enough.

I've used facebook polls to conduct a number of surveys for the campus Paul organization. The results have been extremely surprising. I have tested and retested and it is undeniable. I previously had a very poor picture of what political positions energized the youth the most. I now have a more pessimistic, but also more accurate picture of their political leanings.

I've used facebook polls to conduct a number of surveys for the campus Paul organization. The results have been extremely surprising. I have tested and retested and it is undeniable. I previously had a very poor picture of what political positions energized the youth the most. I now have a more pessimistic, but also more accurate picture of their political leanings.

What were the results?

You do realize that, naturally, the college students who use the internet are going to be the most libertarian...

What were the results?

You do realize that, naturally, the college students who use the internet are going to be the most libertarian...

Ehh not really. Facebook is a large enough sample to where self-identified libertarians constitute a roughly proportional sample of the "Facebook electorate" as they would in the general population.

If it was LibertyFacebook.com or something you might have a point.

Hmmm...

How can you conduct facebook polls?

You have to pay for them. For a small sample it will be about $26.

Larger, and concurrently more accurate, samples cost more.

Usually you'll run into a problem or need some clarification about results that will require a second poll.

When confronted with these 5 options, individuals were asked to select the issue/issue pair that would most affect their vote in 2008. Before you ask, the issue pairing was necessary because facebook limits response options to 5.

Ending Iraq War - 34%
Prolife/Tax Cuts - 24%
Gay Marriage Ban/Border Sec- 22%
Universal Healthcare/Gay Marriage Support - 12%
Drug/Drink Policy Reform - 8%

Let's just say traditional, theocratic conservatism is alive and well in our nation's colleges.

Are you serious?

I would think the colleges would be the places LEAST affected by theocracy.

Oh wait. DAMMIT!

But one poll indicated that 80% of facebook thought that religion shouldn't play a role in the decisions a person make?

Goldwater lost every electorate in 1964 except for the college educated. That's why I thought for a while that people should be required to have degrees to be elected. But if you think about it, no matter the restrictions you place on who can get elected, there will always be one baffoon that the people will find and support.

When confronted with these 5 options, individuals were asked to select the issue/issue pair that would most affect their vote in 2008. Before you ask, the issue pairing was necessary because facebook limits response options to 5.

Ending Iraq War - 34%
Prolife/Tax Cuts - 24%
Gay Marriage Ban/Border Sec- 22%
Universal Healthcare/Gay Marriage Support - 12%
Drug/Drink Policy Reform - 8%

So what does this mean? Only 8% want drug and drinking policy reform?

22% want gay marriage?

12% want universal healthcare?

Only 8% view it as their deciding issue in casting a vote for 2008. We were trying to see what positions of Congressman Paul would play best with the student body. We expected that reforming the federal drinking age of 21 and a reform in drug policy would be at least among the three most important issues on campus. We were sadly mistaken, but this poll saved us from diving into a potentially disastrous campaign to educate the student body about Paul's opposition to the Drug War and the federal drinking age.

We chose instead to play up his pro-life, anti-war, and fiscal conservative stances, since that's apparently what people want to hear.

It's pretty sad whenever only 8% of EIGHTEEN THROUGH TWENTY ONE year olds think that they should be allowed to drink. The people who oppose lowering the drinking age to allow of age people below the age of 21 to drink fall into two categories... high school prudes who say 'IT'S WHATS BEST FOR YOU DEAL WITH IT AND SHUTUP!", and single Christisans in their forties who say "THEy is toO stOOPID to HAndle ITs!"

As shown, both categories make posts badly misspelled.

I wanted to say something postive for the board. Problem was, the member suck.

You are one of the most idiotic people I have ever had the misfortune of seeing post on the internet. Stop whining, and if it means so much to you, please improve the board by subtracting your membership.

Last edited:
Man I have high hopes for this generation of college kids. Fear mongering bible thumping racist made pot illegal saying it made blacks rape white woman.
Hopefully this facebook generation with put science over comic book religion.

Back