I'm a Republican, but I don't know why.

It all depends on what kind of society you want to live in. I want to live in a society where I pay for health coverage, and they can't deny me when I need an operation based on some loophole that's tied into an arbitrary quota they have. I also want to live in a society where corporations are not free to pollute & develop as they see fit.

I know you don't care about those things, but I don't want to live in anything close to what your vision of a good & acceptable society is.

I understand that, but you were talking about "Failure" as if those things were objective... that the conservative system is "doomed to failure."

Failure for whom?

What you REALLY meant to imply, was that the conservative system will end up not delivering what it is that you want...

well no shit, you're a liberal.

And that would be why I didn't vote for him that second time.

but, you're still glad bush won in 2000, rather than gore. At the expense of three trillion dollars, a tragic unneccessary war, and hundreds of thousands of dead people.

But, Paris Hiltion got her 3% reduction in her marginal tax rate.

but, you're still glad bush won in 2000, rather than gore. At the expense of three trillion dollars, a tragic unneccessary war, and hundreds of thousands of dead people.

But, Paris Hiltion got her 3% reduction in her marginal tax rate.

You have a serious crush on Paris Hilton.

As an aside, so Damo votes for Bush in 2000 is not happy with him and doesn't vote for him in 2004. Yet you don't feel he has shown enough remorse for voting for him in 2000? What would make you feel happy?

As an aside, so Damo votes for Bush in 2000 is not happy with him and doesn't vote for him in 2004. Yet you don't feel he has shown enough remorse for voting for him in 2000? What would make you feel happy?

Suicide! You voted for him twice, so you should flog yourself, and then commit suicide.

I understand that, but you were talking about "Failure" as if those things were objective... that the conservative system is "doomed to failure."

Failure for whom?

What you REALLY meant to imply, was that the conservative system will end up not delivering what it is that you want...

well no shit, you're a liberal.

I'll bet you my bank account that there are plenty o' conservatives who don't want to get a denial letter from their insurance company when they need an operation to survive. Or who want to drink clean water & breathe relatively clean air.

I don't like wafer thin, dim witted spoiled rich girls. And I'm not that particular to fake blondes with too much makeup. ;)

Damo gets grief because he defends Bush, almost as much as superfreak or you do.

The only republicans I can respect - the ones who put Country over Party - are the ones that have the guts to say that this nightmare should never have happend, that bush should never have been installed in office, and that he should be impeached and thrown in jail. I know some former Reagan adminstration officials have said has much.

I'll bet you my bank account that there are plenty o' conservatives who don't want to get a denial letter from their insurance company when they need an operation to survive. Or who want to drink clean water & breathe relatively clean air.

no excuse for presenting what you see as failure as an objective standard.

I don't like wafer thin, dim witted spoiled rich girls. And I'm not that particular to fake blondes with too much makeup. ;)

Damo gets grief because he defends Bush, almost as much as superfreak or you do.

The only republicans I can respect - the ones who put Country over Party - are the ones that have the guts to say that this nightmare should never have happend, that bush should never have been installed in office, and that he should be impeached and thrown in jail. I know some former Reagan adminstration officials have said has much.

So if I vote for Obama or Hillary or McCain this November but spend my time on here being a McCain apologist what would you say then?

You think words on this chat board are influencing more than how someone votes? Damo spoke with his vote. He didn't vote for Bush. Yet that is not good enough.

Damo: Convene a council of your best people and come up with a super in-depth action plan so I, alone, can sit here and throw eggs at your good-natured efforts as the one guy who will disagree with anything reasonable.

So if I vote for Obama or Hillary or McCain this November but spend my time on here being a McCain apologist what would you say then?

You think words on this chat board are influencing more than how someone votes? Damo spoke with his vote. He didn't vote for Bush. Yet that is not good enough.

Seems like I recall hearing him say "at least I did not vote for Kerry" ?
Shortly after the election and not "at least I did not vote for Bush" ?

Back